Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What Els Could It Be  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Blade7

• Novice
    • View Profile
What Els Could It Be
« on: June 10, 2010, 07:23:11 AM »
Hi guys My Bike started pushing fuel out the over flow on the carb so we set it and then my bike would run out of fuel couse the float was set wrong and we set it in again but now i battle to get my bike into powerband i have to keep clutching it so i went and bought a new float and needle still does it it feels like it is not getting enough fuel  what els could it be i put in a new plug as well plus the current jetting on the bike used to work perfect my main jet 170 and my pilot is 50 And we 5500 feet above sea level. could it be time for a new top end what would you guys say o checked my reeds as well still looks good but there is little chip on the coner of the one flap but it still seals good so what els could it be eny advise would be great and we cleaned the power valve and i felt it the spark to and it shocks like mad thanx guys

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: What Els Could It Be
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
The first step is to always first check your engine's compression.If you are dealing with a worn out top end you will be fighting a losing battle in trying to solve the bike's problems.

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »
Clean your fuel tank,Look for any obstructions. swollen fuel supply hose. Heres the meanest trick in the world. Once I had a coustumers car that would run fine,cruseing down the road it would just die (no fuel in the system) wait 5 mins. it would go again. Several other shops drained the fuel tank and found nothing.

After I drained the tank and applied compressed air I could hear something flapping inside. It was a cellophaine wrap from a pack of ciggaretes. It would drift and cover the supply line, car would die. Because it was clear it wasn't noticable to the eye. So if you want to really f@#k with someone try this.
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
What brand of bike are we speaking of? Also like to now what year it was made? And if it was my bike I would change the reeds even though they're NOT the cause of your "powerband"problem they will eventually wear out & effect your bikes performance! ;)