Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 1994 KX60 rebuild/refurbish  (Read 15422 times)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: 1994 KX60 rebuild/refurbish
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
I was finally able get to Nick up here tonight and I gave him the bike. It will stay here in my garage, because honestly I don't trust my brother not to sell it when he gets broke. Nick loved the bike. At first he couldn't start it, but he got the hang of it. I let him go through my sticker "collection" and he put quite a few on the bike, LOL. No riding tonight, but hopefully soon.

- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline helfrick15205

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 04:58:42 AM »
hey coop im originally from pittsburgh. what part of pa? i have been in the army for close to 12 years now but i still go back a few times a year. planning on coming up in august

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:51 AM »
I was finally able get to Nick up here tonight and I gave him the bike. It will stay here in my garage, because honestly I don't trust my brother not to sell it when he gets broke. Nick loved the bike. At first he couldn't start it, but he got the hang of it. I let him go through my sticker "collection" and he put quite a few on the bike, LOL. No riding tonight, but hopefully soon.

That is one happy young man!!

Great job and awesome that you would do so much for your nephew. Top man Coop!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 01:40:36 PM »
hey coop im originally from pittsburgh. what part of pa? i have been in the army for close to 12 years now but i still go back a few times a year. planning on coming up in august

I am in Acme, PA, about 45-55 minutes SE of Pittsburgh.

Thanks John! He was very excited, it was fun giving it to him last night. I need to find him some boots so we can get out riding. My budget is dried up and I can't afford $100 new ones, so it's taking me awhile finding some. A fellow gave me some size 4's but he couldn't even get his feet in them. I think my sister-in-law said he wears a 5.5 now.

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 06:48:26 AM »
Oh, and coop, you are a tops uncle :)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 06:55:37 AM »
Oh, and coop, you are a tops uncle :)

Thanks man! Nick loves the bike and is very excited to ride it.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:01 PM »
Nick has been busy with church camp and then getting set up in his new school so it gave me some time to get boots. I ordered some Nitro brand MX boots from Ironpony.com for $40. I figured he will outgrow them quickly and I am broke right now so they are the best I could afford. Hopefully if the rain holds off he will finally get to ride this week. I was going to let him ride without them because I am just as excited as he is, but honestly the last couple of weeks he has been one busy 10 year old   :D .

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
Looks Good!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2010, 08:38:30 PM »
You were going to let him ride without them... man, we wasted a hell of a lot of time batting that one back and forth, didn't we?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2010, 05:38:39 AM »
Well I only got to that point because I was having such a hard time getting the cash together to get him boots. Even then it was only going to be in the field here by my house. No jumps, woods, etc.

Plus it is having a slight shifting issue where it shifts up into 2nd smoothly, but after that it will only up shift if you push down maybe a half inch on the shifter, sort of "reset" it. I've torn it back apart twice now and nothing is assembled incorrectly and I can't find anything obvious that's worn. I have a new return spring on the way and think that's the culprit because in first you already shifted down to get there so the shifter is returned to where it needs to be already.

But anyway if he can only shift into second I figured he'd be ok. That bike is really fast, but first isn't exactly a power house gear.