Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Jeff Emig's comment on 2 and 4 strokes  (Read 6489 times)

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff Emig's comment on 2 and 4 strokes
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »
Yes Burn, that IS funny and strange.

I've noticed that whenever the announce-a-tards refer to a 2 stroke like the 125's they mentioned at Hangtown or the 250's this time at Freestone, they ALWAYS couple the mention with a derogatory term like "little" or "old". At the same time of course, favorable words and phrases rain down from the announce-a-tards on the farty 4 strokes even as they give up their last farts and die along the side's af the track like sick elephants. We endlessly hear things like, "Big 450's" "So Powerful" "Such Roost" "So Much Roost" "The Roost coming off these Big 450's can take you right off the back of the bike!!!"...   

It sounds like something they've been coached to do, so that the broadcasts can present the slant the series sponsors and factories desire.

Truth is, I've never heard so many excuses being made for factory race bikes. What a pathetic bunch of FOOPERS we've got running around out there now! I feel sorry for the suckers who'll fall into buying one of those rolling junk yards because of the bullshit they see on TV this year.
 Thanks,Jim

Regardless of peoples opinions either way, the new 450 4strokes are very powerful and do throw mean roost and will throw you off the back if you're not ready.
Don't get me wrong i'm 2t through and through but i've ridden late model 4strokes and know fast they are and i get the feeling alot of people posting on here haven't actually experienced a late model 4stroke MX'er

the first and last 450 i rode was an 09 yzf with race tech suspension and exhaust mods and i must say that to sit on it was a very nice bike. it had tons of smooth power and pulled hard. BUT it was boring. it was also heavy, especially in the air and after that one ride i am glad i stayed with 2 strokes

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 12:24:20 PM »
Lol well that's just snook. He's not here because he hates four strokes... He doesn't. He is here because he likes two strokes. That seems like a good enough reason for me.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 02:39:25 PM »
Lol well that's just snook. He's not here because he hates four strokes... He doesn't. He is here because he likes two strokes. That seems like a good enough reason for me.
Well said, exactly the same for me. I don't hate any motorcycle, i just hate being fed crap by the big 4 and don't like the underhanded tactics they employ.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 02:41:53 PM »
Yes Burn, that IS funny and strange.

I've noticed that whenever the announce-a-tards refer to a 2 stroke like the 125's they mentioned at Hangtown or the 250's this time at Freestone, they ALWAYS couple the mention with a derogatory term like "little" or "old". At the same time of course, favorable words and phrases rain down from the announce-a-tards on the farty 4 strokes even as they give up their last farts and die along the side's af the track like sick elephants. We endlessly hear things like, "Big 450's" "So Powerful" "Such Roost" "So Much Roost" "The Roost coming off these Big 450's can take you right off the back of the bike!!!"...   

It sounds like something they've been coached to do, so that the broadcasts can present the slant the series sponsors and factories desire.

Truth is, I've never heard so many excuses being made for factory race bikes. What a pathetic bunch of FOOPERS we've got running around out there now! I feel sorry for the suckers who'll fall into buying one of those rolling junk yards because of the bullshit they see on TV this year.
 Thanks,Jim

Regardless of peoples opinions either way, the new 450 4strokes are very powerful and do throw mean roost and will throw you off the back if you're not ready.
Don't get me wrong i'm 2t through and through but i've ridden late model 4strokes and know fast they are and i get the feeling alot of people posting on here haven't actually experienced a late model 4stroke MX'er

the first and last 450 i rode was an 09 yzf with race tech suspension and exhaust mods and i must say that to sit on it was a very nice bike. it had tons of smooth power and pulled hard. BUT it was boring. it was also heavy, especially in the air and after that one ride i am glad i stayed with 2 strokes
Yep pretty much the same for me, yes they are boring and heavy but they're also fast and powerful. I'd also never own one.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 03:34:25 AM »
Thanks Jim !!

;D
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »
Well said, exactly the same for me. I don't hate any motorcycle, i just hate being fed crap by the big 4 and don't like the underhanded tactics they employ.

Thanks guys  :)  Im glad atleast a few people understand me
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
hahaha this is a two stroke fourm and it seems like we have a weak link in our system seems like someone is taking up for the 4 strokes if you ask me. anyone else agree??????

A weak link in your system? No, Im probably just the biggest race fan on this forum and was just clarifying what happened.

You should probably do some research before calling someone out Mr Harley ;)
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline oldschoolmx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
Emig just put in his first plug for the 450 bikes, saying the roost hurts here in PA, but then again he never had to ride a 450! Lol. Dumb.