Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Tone down 250 two strokes???  (Read 6453 times)

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Tone down 250 two strokes???
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 03:48:12 AM »
I believe that Swapper is talking about the Amateur program in Australia with the 250 vs. 250. Please confirm if I am correct.

Hey John, yes that is exactly correct. All of this year, the pro's have been allowed to compete on 250 two strokes against the 250F's, and for next year, any racer, at club level, state level, or again in the pro ranks, can compete on a 250 stroke in the lites class.

;D

Swapper,
Has this rule change officially been released from MQ, or is it just pit talk at this stage?

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »
Probably call it officially unofficial at the moment. I have received confirmation from plenty of guys in the know, but we will have to wait for the new rule book to be released for it to be confirmed.

Are you going racing next year EVO ??
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 12:44:52 PM »
Increasing crankshaft inertia IS the way forward ;)

I'll agree with that.  As much as I love my Husky, its engine inertia is virtually zero, and it makes the thing more tricky to launch, really easy to kill on a tight turn or on hard braking (though it compression starts like nothing) and it lets you feel every little eccentricity in the power curve.  I rode dad's '77 Maico 250 just once, and although it didn't have the raw power of the Husky, it was incredibly smooth.  It didn't have nearly the low-end of my bike (which is normal for a '77 of any description) but because the whole thing was so smooth, it felt like there was more.  And of course, it follows the Maico tradition of big and beefy crankshafts that look like they belong on a Cummins Turbodiesel.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 12:48:01 PM by JETZcorp »

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
Probably call it officially unofficial at the moment. I have received confirmation from plenty of guys in the know, but we will have to wait for the new rule book to be released for it to be confirmed.

Are you going racing next year EVO ??

Yep, I'll keep racing till I'm about 60 I recon...then I might take up vintage.
The second half of this year has been a bit of a write off, injuries and wet wheather have played havoc with the season.
Just got back from Sat morning practice at Stanmore the place was swarming with bikes, 3 groups of seniors by 10.00.
Coolum is 3 round behind, there's talk of a couple of double race days to catch up ???

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 11:17:26 PM »
Hey I rode the Stan today. What number are you again. I was out there on my YZ. Track was good. Just a bit dusty. But yeah alot of guys, cos they knew the track had been prepped for race day, and then the race day had been cancelled due to no officials. Just sux have to wait so long to get a ride !!

You DECIDE !!

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 12:09:59 AM »
E50.
I enjoy going to Stanmore, although it's a bit of a struggle getting any rythm going after spending 6 months going around Coolum, transfering to hardpack from sand is tougher than I thought.
Armpump was killing me.

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 03:17:11 AM »
you guys need to go to reedy creek if stanmore is that busy. was there 2 sundays ago and there was only 2 senior classes for about 2 sessions and then it went back to one class for the rest of the day. there were also the juniors and 50's but not real busy at all.

the track was terrible tho

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 04:06:38 AM »
Reedy Creek is a joke on the weekends, the track is rough and slick and then they have morons doing community service watering the whoops and up ramps of the jumps. It is flat out dangerous and nothing ever changes. I used to try and help them out, but got sick of the track being so dangerous. The only night to ride that place is Tuesday nights after it has been prepped and watered.

You DECIDE !!