Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: ASK THE MXPERTS: Are they going to allow 250cc two-strokes....  (Read 5540 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
ASK THE MXPERTS: Are they going to allow 250cc two-strokes....
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »
On the heels of the scathing article by Mad Scientist, MXA follows up, along the very same lines....

Dear MXA,
I read somewhere that 250cc two-strokes were going to be allowed to race the 2010 AMA 250 Nationals (against the 250 four-strokes). Is this true?

No. Although there are a lot of people who would like to see 250cc two-strokes in the AMA 250 National class, it isn't going to happen. There are about ten people who don't want it to happen (and those ten are team managers of teams that are heavily invested in four-stroke development).

Don't confuse the AMA Nationals with most local and amateur races, where 250cc two-strokes are legal in the 250 four-stroke class. The amateur and local promoters have a much better understanding of the economics of racing and they believe that two-strokes are not only good for racing, but for the life of the sport.

AMA Pro Racing, at the National and Supercross level, is a series of little fiefdom's controlled by race teams whose main interest is in getting as much advantage as possible out of the rules package for themselves. They see no benefit in reviving the two-stroke (especially not at the (expense of the ?) three manufacturers who have quit selling them in the USA).
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: ASK THE MXPERTS: Are they going to allow 250cc two-strokes....
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »
We should write a letter to MXA ..... just curious about the answer! Cannot be worst than DC!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Recovered

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
Did you are read the FIRST paragraph! It's EXACTLY what Mad Scientist has been screaming for years. It's about MONEY. And 10 (that's -t-e-n- spelled out) criminals, and those who COLLUDE with them, who are stealing from, and lying to the public. Are we, as a country that stupid? The proof of the pie is in the eating (I like pudding, just not as much as pie), and we look STUPID. Manipulated by ten scungy men. Yup, there are screams and cries for 4T's alright. But they are from Japan. They want to butt rape you right through your wallet. Hope you all like it. Until we stand up and put a stop to it, "it" will continue.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
Hey Mad... you feeling a bit passionate about this??? LMAO

That's is our "job"... to put an end to the hype and bull that we have been fed for the last 12 years.

The only way is through edumacation...

We have to educate the less knowledgeable so that they can make a reasonable decision based on fact without the hype.

This has given me an idea for an editorial though. ;D
Life is short.

Recovered

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
Go for it John! I'd love to read your editorial. I might write something else, but as you can see, my vocabulary is being taxed! And when that happens expletives start flying. That makes Mrs. Scientist very angry. No body wants to see Mrs. scientist not happy ;D ;) :-X :-[

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »
I think MadScientist should change his name.  You should be known as the ANGRY scientist!  Man, just reading through the forums in the last five minutes I feel like tucking my tail between my legs.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 09:03:23 PM »
All I have to say is the AMA is a disgrace to this country. They will never let Pro racing be fair, because the factories are afraid of get whooped by privateers on equal displacement two strokes. I would like to see the under dogs win this battle, but how???

Recovered

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:13:51 PM »
I think MadScientist should change his name.  You should be known as the ANGRY scientist!  Man, just reading through the forums in the last five minutes I feel like tucking my tail between my legs.

Don't be worried...I'm over it...for now. The Mrs. came home, slapped me around a little and then fed me home made tacos. So I'm ok. For Now ;) ;D :-X

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 05:36:10 PM »
All I have to say is the AMA is a disgrace to this country. They will never let Pro racing be fair, because the factories are afraid of get whooped by privateers on equal displacement two strokes. I would like to see the under dogs win this battle, but how???

There are two option in my opinion.

1 - Beat them at their own game. Race on "inferior" two-stroke machinery. Get as many rules changed as possible.

2 - Start a competing series/sanctioning body. There is one in the works for 2011, hopefully this will have "legs" I know that I'll be supporting it in every way possible.

But it will probably be a combination of the two. Gauging true spectator interest by competing with the current "unfair" rules and then splitting off from the AMA and destroying them first in outdoor motocross and then the indoor stuff.

This will be fun!!

Hey Mad, pass some of those tacos a little to the East!! Mmmmmm Yummmy.
Life is short.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »
I'd say both options are good ones. But I would like to see a new series start. At least the road racing two-strokes are still going strong.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
At least the road racing two-strokes are still going strong.

HUH ???

HONDA just killed the 250 GP class in one foul swoop, with that class now being a 600 class and everyone riding Honda's. And that starts this year. What a surprise. Honda are the biggest instigators of the two stroke demise and NEED to be stopped. SAVE THE TWO STROKE !!!!!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 11:21:13 PM »
I agree, how was Honda allowed to do this anyway?
I'd rather be riding...

Recovered

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 10:08:49 AM »
I agree, how was Honda allowed to do this anyway?

They "own" the AMA. The AMA and all of it's associated cronies are afraid of Japan so they cowtow to them. Don't get me started on the first day of the new year on that!!!

My kid says cowtow is spelled wrong. Please don't let an 8 year old be correct.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 01:05:35 PM »
Mad, sit down and take a deep breath... the 8 year old is right....

From Wikipedia;

Kowtow (simplified Chinese: ??; traditional Chinese: ??; pinyin: kòu tóu; Cantonese: kau tàuh, Vietnamese: kh?u ??u) is the act of deep respect shown by kneeling and bowing so low as to have one's head touching the ground. An alternative Chinese term is ketou (simplified Chinese: ??; traditional Chinese: ??; pinyin: K?tóu); however, the meaning is somewhat altered: kòu originally meant "knock with reverence",[citation needed] whereas k? has the general meaning of "touch upon (a surface)".[citation needed]

In Han Chinese culture, the kowtow is the highest sign of reverence. It was widely used to show reverence for one's elders, superiors, and especially the Emperor, as well as for religious and cultural objects of worship. In modern times, usage of the kowtow has become much reduced.

Kids are so much smarter now than ever before.... kind of scary.
Life is short.

Recovered

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »
Grammar, spelling, writing, math, science, english, history, personal finance, art and music were not my good subjects in school. Unfortunately, even Stevie Wonder could see that.