Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Mad Scientist is at "it" again...  (Read 4238 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Mad Scientist is at "it" again...
« on: December 22, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »
Another great article by our very own Mad Scientist...... check it out.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/12/the-state-of-%E2%80%9Cit%E2%80%9D/
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Scientist is at "it" again...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:06:19 PM »
MAD PROPS for Mad! Love the article! Finally..it is not about the MAICO lol
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
that was a great read, well done thanks.

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:55:42 PM »
Thanks! I could not agree more.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »

THANK YOU MR SCIENTIST !!!!!!!!!!

Mate, I am as passionate as you are by the sounds of things. Someone needs to stand up and make the big decisions exactly as you stated. You said that you wont make any friends with that article. Well, you won me over. Need to make sure that the right people are hearing these words, and that they dont just fall on deaf ears. You should send that article to Davey himself, and see if he is willing to respond, as I am sure that he would be. I believe that overturning the displacement advantage that four strokes have would breathe fresh life into the sport of motocross, and I think it would be fitting for that to happen on the turn of the decade.

That point you made about manufacturers, it will be interesting to see the World MX GP's next year, and which of the four Japanese manufacturers have bikes on the startline in the newly reinstated World 125 MX championship class.(Not sure what they are calling it - MX ???) Will Honda dare show up ?????

Lets keep the TWO STROKE DREAM ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 12:54:45 AM »
I just e-mailed the article to a bunch of mags including cycle news! hahaah Let's make some noise! Any ideas where I can e-mail this? Tv shows? mags? forums? help me out guys!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 06:10:06 AM »
Great article, well done.

I agree the claiming rule was a largest error the AMA ever made.. including the edge for the 4 stroke pigs.  Back in the day, technology was evolving so rapidly, because the factory works bikes were so advanced, the new technology was showing up on production bikes the following year. This is the era I grew up in... I remember drooling over the works bikes.  They were truly one off bikes.  I agree that the privateer had a difficult time trying to "win" during that time, but look at the level of competition during the late 70's.  Not only was there full factory teams, but competitive teams were fielded by aftermarket manufactures including FMF and many others.  There were more bikes than that of the big-4 and KTM.  There were bikes of many different colors and brands.

The demise of the big bore...  The sound of 40 big bore smokers going into the 1st turn, not to mention the ditches that were dug by the bikes as they launched off the line...  this was something to behold...  As a 13 year old in 76, I loved to watch the big bikes come off the line, it was a just amazing.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
First response from DC lol Sorry Frederic, I don't respond to anonymous internet columns, especially when the person has no clue of what I do or what authority I have. I am flattered, but I can't do much about changing the minds of what the factories make.
DC

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
Not surprised at DC's response. He's in a tough situation... trying to do what's best for the sport and then dealing with the established bureaucracy.

If you think about it, he has the most to lose.

All we can do is try to support him as best we can.

Although after a time we may have to make a change or do something more dramatic in the future. But it will require a great deal of educating to make the difference.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 03:21:20 PM »
I just wondering 1 thing

how do a person get in to the  FIM or AMA board

as in those that can vote on the rules

Recovered

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
If John wants to forward a copy of my article to DC with my name on it, he has my permission to do so. I doubt any of the major media will touch it. It may be a little too close to home for comfort for some of these folks. I agree...DC has the most to lose. But he also has the most to gain. Not only in income, but respect. If he hangs on long enough and can't/won't/doesn't pull the trigger...well...I just don't care. Some one needs to sack up and face down the AMA, Japanese factories and the rest of the group. It has been too long. Feelings will get hurt. Temper tantrums will be thrown. Won't be the first time. Certainly won't be the last.

And the problem starts RIGHT HERE.  With US. We tolerated this garbage. We continued to buy bikes from companies that have screwed US. We have supported AMA, not only by memebership, but by participating in their races. It's time WE accept OUR part in this nightmare. Ignorance or not, 4T's lovers, as a whole (yes I'm painting with a broad brush here) are militant in their defense of the garbage they ride. Not trying to start a verbal war here, just pointing out facts. Go hang out at thumper talk  for a while. In the 2T sections. Trolls will look at your every post, slamming every word you say. Then they cry to the moderators by private message. 2T riders need to stop thinking of themselves as second class riders, a minority. In fact, I almost never ride with 4T guys anymore. For various reasons.

Maybe I should write my opinions on 4T riders...naw...I'd end up dead or in jail.

2T riders...overwhelm Coombs' mail box. Write Rich at dirtwurx and tell him even though you might not buy a Maico, you want to see them race. Blow up Cycle News with cogent, thoughtful editorials. Write Jody Weisel and push him to keep the heat on in his editorials.

Ok, I'm off my soap box...for now.

Recovered

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
First response from DC lol Sorry Frederic, I don't respond to anonymous internet columns, especially when the person has no clue of what I do or what authority I have. I am flattered, but I can't do much about changing the minds of what the factories make.
DC

I just reread this from DC. If he actually posted "lol" that pisses me off. That's THE problem. No one takes us serious. Apparently, DC is a figure head, a puppet.

John, you have my private email. Give it to DC. Let him explain to me where I am wrong. If he has no authority, AMA and it's cronies have pulled a great scam on US. Again.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
DC

I just reread this from DC. If he actually posted "lol" that pisses me off. That's THE problem. No one takes us serious. Apparently, DC is a figure head, a puppet.

John, you have my private email. Give it to DC. Let him explain to me where I am wrong. If he has no authority, AMA and it's cronies have pulled a great scam on US. Again.

Mad, the lol is from me...just forgot to black it out!my e-mail is totally legit from this morning from my Yahoo mail box . He is the only that replied to my last night e-mails...DC is good stuff.. but no help.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 06:44:26 PM by 2smoker »