Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2t's at Gopher Dunes  (Read 1971 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
2t's at Gopher Dunes
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:01:36 AM »
The Gopher Dunes stop of the Canadian MX Championship had a few 2t's in it.The way the rules are,you can race the 250 4t Pro class(MX2),on a 250 2t-just as long as you're an intermediate class rider.(better than nothing anyway)
Ben Toye pulled the holeshot on his YZ 250 in both motos and kept the rattling,clattering horde behind him for a little while at least.Not pad for an intermediate in a field of pros-and all that on what many here would call an outdated bike. :D
Good stuff Ben,and he wasn't alone.Check it out......

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CEgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mxforum.com%2FphpBB2%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D1%26t%3D33618%26p%3D260344&ei=tEQoUPfoCsa0ygGHvYDIBw&usg=AFQjCNFfB0oN3dr2DoPlFwOsOrVSD0oUoQ&sig2=L6WjctIQTnXjzuBzquFvnA
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
2t''s at Gopher Dunes
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »
cool, thats a bad ass sand track correct?

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
2t''''s at Gopher Dunes
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 01:13:57 AM »
Pretty much.
On a not 2t related note,South African Liam O'Farrell is racing his TM in the MX1 class-4t but still pretty cool it's out there. 8)

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
2t''''''''s at Gopher Dunes
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:44:59 AM »
cool, thats a bad ass sand track correct?

That track is a piece of garbage. It's a disgrace on Canadian motocross that they actually run meaningful races there. I live 30 minutes from GD. My club has a race there every season and I wouldn't ride it if it was free.
Ontario, Canada

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
2t''''''''''''''''s at Gopher Dunes
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »
wow beaner tell me how you really feel.Ha! what makes it so bad how its run or the layout of the track. cause I loves me some sand and some me.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
2t''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s at Gopher Dunes
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:27 AM »
It's a bunch of tabletops in a flat field of 18" deep sand. Not a fan of flat-field "motocross" tracks, but I'm even less a fan of sand, especially that deep stuff. He waters and grooms it, but it's still a bunch of table tops in a flat field. I get bored after the first lap.

There are a lot of motocross tracks in the area, mostly private tracks on people's property. Word is that the owner of GD took a list of all the tracks he knew about to the local government and tried to get them all shut down.

How do you think I feel about that?

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/03/06/illegal-tracks-undermining-business-at-gopher-dunes
Ontario, Canada

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
well beaner, its too bad you hate that track. just the photo alone makes me want to rip it up. you know the sound  a two stroke makes pinned cycling through the gears as it tears by?...well that track sreams that! ah...i love it, lucky you only ride there once a year just get some points and get out of there.Ha! I don't know how I feel about gophers plight, I don't try to get political on issues like that maybe if they got together and ran on off days everyone could enjoy all those tracks. here in nesc land we race at the best tracks new england has to offer and the others do too plus some crappy ones no one cares about (capeway rovers) so we all win. valkenswaad is like gopher dunes i reckon and maybe leirop. just keeper pinned.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
You may not like the track beaner,but I was still impressed an intermediate rider pulled 2 holeshots against all the 250f pros.
A far as I'm concerned,all doubles should be tabletops-the reward for clearing it is the same,but it's far safer for those that don't make it.I watched the race and saw some good jumps,good height and distance and riders leaning back pinned hanging it out showing mad sand skills.I liked it.I've never met the owner and know nothing of the politics,but Ben Toye was laying it down-and kudos to the other 2t riders in the field as well. 8)