Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: RM265!  (Read 5378 times)

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
RM265!
« on: November 18, 2010, 09:55:47 AM »
Wow where to start? Well I blew up my bike at the unadilla two sroke challenge back in august and it was pretty ugly. The rod bearing blew apart the rod bent into a p shape and smacked the cylinder and took a chunk out of it everything had damage. Now the good news! Its back together it was less than 600 bucks total for all parts and labor to rebuild. And now its a 265! Holy shit I wish i woukld have built this motor years ago! Worth every penny! Smooth controlled hit, still revs and pulls from bottom to the moon! Anyone considering this i would highly advise you to go for it! Oh and to also avoid HOT ROD CRANK KITS!!!!! Not worth the few bucks you save for the headache they can cause!

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Re: RM265!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on the Hot Rod crank, will avoid it like the plague, where did ya get the 265 kit from?
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »
Oh and to also avoid HOT ROD CRANK KITS!!!!!

Yup, common knowledge there :)  Hot Rod Connecting Rods flake and break.   I always go OEM if possible.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:16:47 PM »
Sorry to hear that about your bike Todd.... I was so busy at Unadilla that I didn't get to stop by after the race.

It sounds as though your Suzuki is better than ever. I'd love to hear more about what you did to the bike and I'm sure many others on the site feel the same way.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:11 PM »
sounds like the bike is a beast now! Do you have pictures of the bike?

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
You have any photos of the rebuild you can share?
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 03:46:05 AM »
Awesome, glad to hear good followed bad. I like those stories... ;D :D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
John You had enough on your plate at the dilla thanks for your time you gave to talk! As for the bike i had KB5 INDUSTRIES do the build on it. They have a ton of experience with em, and their great to work with. It normally takes between a week and two to turn one around but due to my normally trusty 85 nissan truck also grenading a motor in the same time frame mine was a slower process. I'll try to upload some bike pics. Sorry i dont have any of the actual build itself.

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:56 AM »
A couple of pics. I have better ones but they are to large to post. can anyone tell me how to resize them so i can postem?

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 09:33:05 AM »
wow i suck at computers

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
Sick!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 01:40:16 PM »
Nice RM, I had a 265 kit that the guy put in my previous RM and it sucked, it had no bottom end, I could not figure out what the deal was, had not bottom end at all, it ran perfect, was jetted perfect, powervalves were right.

Who did your 265 kit, and YEAH I put a hot rod crank in that bike, thru my dad's shop plus getting a extra deal cause we owned shop I rebuilt that bike, hot rod crank, main brg kit, complete gasket kit, Niks Pro x piston for $220 now thats a cheap rebuild!

I would like to do something like that or a 280 kit, just scared it will do what the last bike I had did.

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
I thought about doin the 280 as well as a matter of fact i wanted to do it! But gettin pistons turned out to be expensive and difficult.  Nobody makes one and to have one or two made was over two hundred bucks a pop. If i could spring for ten or  more it was closer to a hundred each. So the 265 was it. As for bottom end i can tell ya this thing rips! I had a normal 450 guy ride it and he's a thumper lover but his first words off of it were. Dude i could ride this! Give kb5 a look. Hell call em up talk to Brad. Tell em i sent ya. Im gonna try to work out a deal for site members with him on the full kits. Bore recoat cylinder porting head mods power valves cut plus all parts for about 800 Total finished done complete. We talked a little today but will talk more early next week.

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
Eric Gorr does a 285 or 295 kit for the rm.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 04:55:44 AM »
I've used Eric Gorr in the past and would recommend him.

Currently his web site is being updated so you can't get to see very much right now, but hopefully it will be done shortly.
http://www.eric-gorr.com/

His ideas about big bore kits are worth thinking about. He uses pistons that are readily available, so you don't have to worry about buying expensive or rare custom piston kits. It's a smart way of doing it as Todd and others have found out.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!