Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Old Video  (Read 5239 times)

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
Old Video
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »
That's the great thing about bikes, parts mix and match so easily, and since I was out with these guys again, I'm thinking about a real vintage bike for next season and running both classes, vinatge, and post vintage. I found a good Can-am candidate locally, for $900, almost ready to race. It's great fun, and not nearly as expensive as most other motorsports.

This was the last 100' of moto 1 (pic taken from the finish line jump). How's this for a close finish?

Beaner's ugly mug

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
Ontario, Canada

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Old Video
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 03:31:43 PM »
MX1 Can Am? I've got a CZ 250 I could have ready when I have time.

I love the "Hot rod" aspect of modifying old bikes.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
Old Video
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »

I love the "Hot rod" aspect of modifying old bikes.

So do I.
Most people at the track have no idea that my bike never looked like that. The number plates were added, the front fender (cut way down) came off my KDX 220, and the tank is from a 1980 bike. Looking at a lot of the vintage race bikes, you see some pretty interesting improvisations. After I do the fork swap, I want to run the pipe straight to a vintage looking silencer I'm fabbing up.

I found a TNT locally that I could probably turn in to an MX1. It's not like they're much different. There's so much of that stuff for sale around here I can wait and be picky.
Ontario, Canada

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Old Video
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 11:41:26 PM »
Congrats beaner,that's too cool.I like the old Can Ams.A guy I used to work with had a 125,250 and 400.I went riding with him a few times with the 400.The thing was a torque monster.He had an exhaust on it that he said was CanAm's performance unit.It had"disco-jet"stamped on the side of it(sign of the times I suppose-lol)The thing was positively ear splitting-even blipping it at idle.I'd never heard anything like it and would put it worse than any 4t I've heard.He only had it on for one ride.I remember thinking at the time those were from the days when people didn't get excited about noise. :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.