Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Local sanctioning body discriminating against the 2T  (Read 6953 times)

Offline streaks383

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Local sanctioning body discriminating against the 2T
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »
thats so weird I know in ama you can race a 250f in the 450 class if i'm not mistaken

Before we flame the organization too much. The rider in question should sit down with the policy makers and pick their brain to discover the reason behind adding these two lines into the 2011 rule book.

"38. The machine must remain in the class in which it was originally manufactured."

and

"The 250cc 2 stroke is NOT permitted in any 450cc class"

The reasoning behind the rule was at one point a 250 2T was allowed to compete in both the 250 and 450 classes.  A handful of the 450 riders complained it was unfair the 250 2T guys were able to compete in more classes than they were.  As a result the CRA mandated 250 2T's were only allowed to race in the 250 class.  This made the 450 riders happy, personally I think they were upset about getting beat by a 250 2T.  I feel this rule could be better served if it made a 250 2T rider pick one class or the other to run in, or just let them run both.  The CRA also combined the 250 A and 450 A into one class which I believe is called pro money.  They really kind of shot the tracks foot with this stuff.  Now the 250 2T guys who were signing up for 2 classes are only signing up for one and tracks are losing money.  The same goes for only having one A class.  Riders who were ready to move to the 250 A class (the beginner A class) are now staying in B also as a side effect.  The overbore stuff for 2T's is really taking off and was not really big when this rule was made.  Today's solutions tend to create tomorrows problems, this is what happened here.