Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: new reed for ktm 15%more hp  (Read 5539 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: new reed for ktm 15%more hp
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »
I tried googling velocity fueling couldnt fing anything. kinda weird to come announce something then give no info. If I know nothing about a product how can I be expected to buy it?

It seems in this case (and in some others) where this type of thing has been done, that the company or people working in the company want to gauge potential consumer interest. This happens all the time.

Sometimes they can be far along in the development cycle and at times the product could just be an idea with no working prototypes.

Anyone would love to hear that you want to buy one!!

Looks pretty cool to me, but I want to see how it works and fits into the bike before I get too excited.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »
Looks pretty cool to me, but I want to see how it works and fits into the bike before I get too excited.

Exactly.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 07:03:21 AM »
I agree with you John.I would like to know who manufacturers that reed like Boyesen or V-Force or some reputable company like that..? With no more info than what I've already seen I'm NOT biting down on so little info until I find out alot more about it...!

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 08:38:46 AM »
is it for ktm 65?

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »
Okay, I guess the obvious question is "How does a circle fit into a square hole?" I mean this thing is round and reed intakes are square (rectangle).

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »
I imagine they'd simply modify it to be a circular intake, or just flat-out make the bikes new that way if this is going to be a factory component.  I imagine such an extensive modification to the very cases themselves would be pretty gnarly, though.  I suppose it's also possible that there may be a transition piece between the new "reed" and the old square hole, like Carburetor -> Reed -> Transition Fitting -> Engine.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?