Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: lil rumor  (Read 32103 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: lil rumor
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
Toyota Tundra! The new Tacomas will be 8 cylinders!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:11:36 AM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Definitely-if you've got the cash.I remember when my father bought his last 2wd ranger.He wanted the Toyota but couldn't justify another $5000 .
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
I drive a 96 F150 and the wife a Toyota Echo.I wouldn't touch a Ford truck after 96,or a later model Chev truck either.It seems many city types wanted to drive a truck but wanted it to ride like a car.These days,if you want a truck,you have to move up to a 3/4 ton.
As far as the Camaro goes,maybe you should look at an old station wagon instead.
Years ago,I was working in another province and driving an 81 trans am.One day,I stopped at a set of lights and a guy with an old rusty dodge station wagon pulls up along side and starts revving it and pointing ahead.I thought,oh come on buddy,geez but then,what the hell,all right.When the light changed,he left me for dead.
I saw him a little ways down the road pulled in getting gas so I stopped to talk.It turns out,he had just built the engine for his Demon but as the car wasn't done he decided to throw in the wagon just to make sure everything was working good before putting it in the Demon.In his words "You know,I've been having so much fun jumping on Mustangs and Camaros in this old wreck I might have to leave it in and build another one for the Demon" That always struck me as too funny  :D

;D I would love to have a little grocery getter sleeper to cruise around like that. My Camaro is far from stock though, Ive got 2 grand in just head porting  :o
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
Years ago I had a Nova SS with a hypo fuelly 327 and at a traffic light a Volkswagen Beetle challenged me to a drag.I looked over and there were four people in the car and I could tell by the snarling sound that there was something special about the boxer motor rattling away in the back.Now bear in mind that my Nova was quicker then Japanese 600s of the time so it was a fairly fast car.Well the light turns green and I launched the Nova,engine torque twisting the entire car and the glove box popping open (as it always did).Imagine my surprise when that Bug stayed right with me,lifting the front end with every shift!It took everything the Nova had to pull ahead of that Kafer!

:) There is a guy around here with a turbo Beetle that runs low 6s at out local 8th mile track. First time I seen it run my jaw hit the ground  :o

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
I was once left at the lights by a Morris Minor. :-[
Turns out he had a 13B Rotary in it.
I couldn't hear it, My stereo was too loud. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)
and you drive what???? a goverment vehical i bet :P :P ;)

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2011, 07:14:26 PM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)
or does your country even make cars  :-*

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2011, 08:03:21 PM »
No we dont make cars.
We do get these silly things from Aussie tho. ;)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2011, 04:06:54 AM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)

Ford-Fix Or Repair Daily,Found On Reserve Dump,Frustrated Owner Regrets Decision, Fuc'in Old Recycled Dodge,Found On Road Dead.Ford backwards- Driver Returns On Foot.and the list goes on and on-I wonder why :D
I see some of the Euro and down under market Toyota's that aren't available here I'd like to have.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:13:15 AM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2011, 07:48:02 AM »
Auto manufacturers have,on occasion, had assembly plants in New Zealand.I think Peugot,if my memory is correct,had a plant there at one time.Mind you,there are more people in greater Seattle or Toronto then in all of New Zealand so the economics just aren't there. :D

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
Ford-Fix Or Repair Daily,Found On Reserve Dump,Frustrated Owner Regrets Decision, Fuc'in Old Recycled Dodge,Found On Road Dead.Ford backwards- Driver Returns On Foot.and the list goes on and on-I wonder why :D
I see some of the Euro and down under market Toyota's that aren't available here I'd like to have.

You forgot fu**ed on race day!  :P hahahahah

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »
Haha true story, when Ford was first starting out, he sent some of his workers to a junkyard to inspect cars and find out what parts broke down. He did this so he could determine which parts to make break down sooner.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »
Auto manufacturers have,on occasion, had assembly plants in New Zealand.I think Peugot,if my memory is correct,had a plant there at one time.Mind you,there are more people in greater Seattle or Toronto then in all of New Zealand so the economics just aren't there. :D

Correct. ;)
Also Datsun/Jaguar/Leyland :o/Skoda/Hillman/Toyota/Ford/Mitsubishi/Chrysler/Peugot have all been made in NZ at various times.
All were shut down in the 90's because of the economics of scale.
Back then we only had 3 million people in the country.

We have made some cool stuff tho. The 'Britten"  ;D

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)

u bumped your head FIRST ON RACE  DAY!!!!!  no buy out just badd ass american muscle!!!  what cars does your country make saab? ther good :o NOT!!!!! even a chevy is better then them

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2011, 05:25:53 PM »
I take it you are a ford fan rbigair40 ? :D