Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: lil rumor  (Read 32110 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: lil rumor
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »
Do you actually think a magazine will print anything detrimental to Honda's image and interrupt vast sums of advertising revenue? lol,it's the guys in the trenches,like Ford who works on this stuff everyday for a living,that will give you the most accurate appraisal of the value of a piece of machinery.Are you suggesting there is something "unprofessional" about the legions of people who maintain this stuff everyday for a living?Honda builds some good stuff but it's not that great.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
Are you serious?

As a heart attack

1. I've worked on cars for a living for the past 25 yrs so I have a fair idea of what breaks on what brands and how often.

Thats great, I work on cars to. If your any kind of mechanic then you should know Honda's are one of the best built most dependable cars on the road. I dont believe I need to go into this any further...

2. As I've already said a couple of times,Honda generally makes good stuff but to say they haven't built dogs,ticking time bombs or machinery that is poorly designed/executed is retarded.

Please post links to these ticking time bombs or machinery thats poorly designed/executed.

3. What bothers me most about the 4t revolution isn't the engine itself but what trickled in to the 2t line because of it.
For years,2t's were at or about their weight limit so they stayed about the same.With the advent of the 4t MX,because the engines are so much heavier,everything else has been lightened up in order to compensate.Many of these parts also went on to the 2t's and imo,to the point of fragility.

What?

4. I'll be back with your links later  :)

Please do  :)
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
I can give you 3 snook

crf450
crf250
crf150

I know they're 4 strokes but they're still honda.

Offline MCGRIDDLE_321

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »
I can give you 3 snook

crf450
crf250
crf150

my dads and my 450 have been awesome, my 250f went through 2 cranks over 2 years (reason for getting 2stroke), and the 150s only had a bad cam and honda took care of that... so overall thats not to bad.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
I can give you 3 snook

crf450
crf250
crf150

They sure looked good in the Atlanta supercross saturday night. I didnt see one blow up the entire show?

Offline ruskee

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »
I can give you 3 snook

crf450
crf250
crf150

They sure looked good in the Atlanta supercross saturday night. I didnt see one blow up the entire show?

they also get a new motor every 2 rides
"PIN IT TO WIN IT"

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 09:49:43 PM »
Snook, are you defending 4 strokes on a two stroke website? Honda = Garbage. Do you actually own a honda?

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2011, 10:45:03 PM »
Snook, are you defending 4 strokes on a two stroke website? Honda = Garbage. Do you actually own a honda?

:) No, Im defending Honda's reputation for building good stuff. Yes I do own several Honda's, not because Im a Honda nut but because they build quality shit. Ive got a 12 year old lawnmower that runs like new (never touched it besides oil), a Honda Civic with close to a quarter million miles that gets bounced off the rev limiter daily (stock motor, clutch, etc), Ive got a crf50 (indestructable). Ive had a cbr6, a CR125-250, a CRF250-450, a Honda pressure washer...you name it. I honestly dont like they're dirtbikes the most I would rather a Suzuki anyday but I still know the Honda is a good bike.

This whole debate started because I said I thought the Honda was the best built bike lol

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »

No, Snook was just brought up that whether Honda really has good reliable parts or not, they will always milk it as though they do (not sure if thats what he was trying to say or not, but thats what it seems Honda does). He said yeah they looked great out there because Honda would never let their bikes break down in front of the public.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:48:56 PM by ACMX »
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2011, 01:08:39 AM »
You're never going to convince a guy who buys everything from his favourite brand, and who is clearly nuts of his brand...

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2011, 04:41:24 AM »
Link #1  http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cpsc.gov%2Fcpscpub%2Fprerel%2Fprhtml09%2F09708.html&rct=j&q=honda%20off%20road%20motorcycle%20recalls&ei=CpJrTYVFgZ2WB4_Anf8B&usg=AFQjCNGFuhnXlE_9uyjuSZ3FRoA25q9e0w&sig2=7goqSKqPeoZq_YyZYLDPHg&cad=rja

Link #2 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CD0QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cpsc.gov%2Fcpscpub%2Fprerel%2Fprhtml01%2F01038.html&rct=j&q=honda%20off%20road%20motorcycle%20recalls&ei=CpJrTYVFgZ2WB4_Anf8B&usg=AFQjCNF-3MqWyGX7oRrHsAF-bdw8BlPHOg&sig2=U1RcSrhGQddK09yJU-lAaA&cad=rja

Link #3 http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08570.html

Link #4  http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07525.html

Link #5 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hondapowerequipment.com%2Fpdf%2FRecalls%2Ffuel.pdf&rct=j&q=honda%20power%20equipment%20%22recall%22&ei=E5VrTdqPL4GKlwei3PiBAg&usg=AFQjCNHEvaZqb3mrl7jXpVobrywWknn9dQ&sig2=t5qS-3F7pE5__YLWzYPpBg&cad=rja

Link # 6  http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hondapowerequipment.com%2Fpdf%2FRecalls%2FSNOWBLOWER_RECALL_POSTER.pdf&rct=j&q=honda%20power%20equipment%20%22recall%22&ei=E5VrTdqPL4GKlwei3PiBAg&usg=AFQjCNGJ29JZotOCb86xecyD0eb1xJSc-A&sig2=aIlm28fsjGTR0vEUKBEjBA&cad=rja

Link #7 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCcQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmarine.honda.com%2Fpdf%2Frecalls%2FPOSTER-RECALL_BF15D_BF20D_FUELCHAMBERRECALL.pdf&rct=j&q=honda%20outboard%20%22recall%22&ei=6pVrTebpCYGBlAeTrIn_AQ&usg=AFQjCNF9at9LedWIxiYhBmzC29GEzFBSlA&sig2=rqp96HMyH1Kowa5bi-RgjA&cad=rja

Link # 8 http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFUQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloodydecks.com%2Fforums%2Fboating-discussion%2F76839-2005-bf135a-honda-outboard-recall.html&rct=j&q=honda%20outboard%20%20%22recall%22&ei=qJdrTc-MCYHGlQffsJ2CAg&usg=AFQjCNGtifhEb_AQ_QSpnUMNB3nUD4f2Dw&sig2=dzRNh7iy23UUDEN7fx6eBQ&cad=rja

In the interest of fairness I just linked the top two that came up in each category-it took all of a minute-and I'm a computer spaz  :)

Things like the non sealed airboxes,engine issues etc on the MX bike are well known-at least I thought they were to most people  ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:45:27 AM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2011, 04:55:23 AM »
Ford, that is exactly what I thought you would do. Of course, even Toyota, which has been the top of the reliability chain for years has had a ton of recalls. Where's the magazine comparisons like I asked for? If you think a leaky gas tank, and air boot make them, "unreliable" then you are not a mechanic.  Sure there are things like that, I can show from every manufacturer. Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawi, Honda, and did you remember KTM has had a ton of recalls or issues?  But we are talking in comparison, it is a FACT that Honda has been more reliable over the years.  The dirtbike scene, the CRF's have hurt their score. But besides having to seal my boot intake connection on my CR's, they are bullet proof. Gears, topends, cranks, bolts, etc.  Honda is built with quality. Sure every manufacturer  has it's recalls or issues. But overall scoring, Honda has had a high rate of reliability for years.  One thing to remember when comparing on the "mechanics" level.  A Honda may have twice the number of bikes coming to you to get fixed. Umm it's because they sell three times the number of bikes compared to the other manufacturers. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
Are you serious?

3. What bothers me most about the 4t revolution isn't the engine itself but what trickled in to the 2t line because of it.
For years,2t's were at or about their weight limit so they stayed about the same.With the advent of the 4t MX,because the engines are so much heavier,everything else has been lightened up in order to compensate.Many of these parts also went on to the 2t's and imo,to the point of fragility.

What?

Sorry,I though this was common knowledge as well.
As manufacturers tried to reduce weight on their fourstrokes,many of the lightened parts found their way on to the two strokes as it's cheaper to make one part instead of two-while they were all still building both anyway.Frames,suspension,hubs,plastic etc were all thinned out and lightened up.Bikes don't take a beating like they used to.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 05:09:42 AM »
Ford, that is exactly what I thought you would do. Of course, even Toyota, which has been the top of the reliability chain for years has had a ton of recalls. Where's the magazine comparisons like I asked for? If you think a leaky gas tank, and air boot make them, "unreliable" then you are not a mechanic.  Sure there are things like that, I can show from every manufacturer. Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawi, Honda, and did you remember KTM has had a ton of recalls or issues?  But we are talking in comparison, it is a FACT that Honda has been more reliable over the years.  The dirtbike scene, the CRF's have hurt their score. But besides having to seal my boot intake connection on my CR's, they are bullet proof. Gears, topends, cranks, bolts, etc.  Honda is built with quality. Sure every manufacturer  has it's recalls or issues. But overall scoring, Honda has had a high rate of reliability for years.  One thing to remember when comparing on the "mechanics" level.  A Honda may have twice the number of bikes coming to you to get fixed. Umm it's because they sell three times the number of bikes compared to the other manufacturers.  

JC miedos,give me a break,I'm typing as fast as I can  :D -the mag things are coming.In the meantime,why don't you go back and reread this thread to see what I actually said.I never said they don't make a good machine,nor did I say other machines don't have issues as well-only that Honda's aren't the "ride them hard,put them away wet and never have any problems" that many make them out to be.
I agree though,I'm not much of a mechanic.A real one wouldn't see gas leaking on a hot engine,a swingarm breaking in half,or a filtration system that allowed dirt to pass directly into the engine to be much of an issue or a reflection on quality control.My bad.
It's probably also true that after 25 yrs in the trade it's never occurred to me that I must  have seen 100 Honda's with 3 problems and 2 Toyota's with 1 problem,therefore Honda's have more problems.I swear I get dumber every day. ???

FWIW,if I was going car shopping tomorrow,my top 3 in would be-Toyota,Hyundai,Honda-in that order.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:24:06 AM by ford832 »

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 05:23:17 AM »

1. I've worked on cars for a living for the past 25 yrs so I have a fair idea of what breaks on what brands and how often.

Thats great, I work on cars to. If your any kind of mechanic then you should know Honda's are one of the best built most dependable cars on the road. I dont believe I need to go into this any further...

Yes,I think you do.It's funny how I dare commit the ultimate sacrilegious heresy by my Honda comments and immediately,by two of you,my mechanical abilities are called in to question.
Granted,I'm getting dumber every day and I suspect there are millions of mechanics out there better and smarter than me.
That said,one of the companies I used to work for was big on the American ASE certification for tourist recognition So I got that years ago but never renewed it when I quit.
Otherwise,I've been doing it day in and day out for 25 yrs,have my Canadian papers with the Interprovincial standard(Canadian license and as high as you can go here) and have an ever growing growing stack of update training course certificates.
We do everything where I work but I specialize in electrical/driveabilty troubleshooting.
I'd be interested in your age and qualifications.I like to know who I'm talking to.