Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Post they banned over at Thumper-Humper MX.  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Post they banned over at Thumper-Humper MX.
« on: June 17, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »
How nice to be getting ready for the race tomorrow knowing that the great Budds Creek track is likely to be run by more than just farty Foopers.

The reason the Fooper Troopers and Thumper Humpers are getting all bunched up now is that some of these privateer guys, along with Jeff Gibson, are coming out on the 2 strokes and doing pretty well. That's very damaging to the myth they've all worked so hard to prop up, that you have no place even attempting a National on a 2 stroke.... That myth took a big fat cream pie in the face last week when Ty Newcome stayed in front of a whole bunch of big name foopers for almost his entire second moto!  .... And just think, his bike doesn't even get an engine replacement after each moto... OR a special works edition Fooper Cooler to save his sponsors the embarassment of a catastophic engine failure during the big show! Hahaha! .......Seriously, these tarted-up race Flumpers really are something special, aren't they?

The illusion is starting to burn away fast now, fanned by things like the endless drivel of excuses for failed engines over the first 2 Nationals, and the gathering groundswell of desire for a more exciting experience both as riders and spectators. As the cracks in the bullcrap spread, the last thing that the merchants of all things Mowercross and Foopercross want to see is unknown guys on 2 strokes getting in the big show and doing well. It doesn't fit the plan.

Remember that some of the guys here who get really hot under the collar and talk down about 2 strokes might have their backs against the wall. They don't come out and state what their stake is or what their angles are, but It would be reasonable to suspect that some of the most firmly seated Fooper Troopers here a people who own or work at dealerships who's showrooms have recently gone from a few thousand square feet to a few hundred or closed up altogether. Or maybe they sell advertising space to companies who want to maintain market share, and need all their subjects to hold the line and talk the company talk so everyone's money keeps flowing.

No doubt the rough economy has had a negative effect on the markets having to do with our sport, but another potential scource of the problem is that in many ways, 4 stroke dirtbikes have been a failure because they are just less exciting. Spectators are less excited by them, potential buyers are less excited by them, and that's the whole market right there so of course sales slow down...

No amount of loud guitar can make the YZ450F as exciting in person as it is in it's TV commercial, because in person the customer doesn't see roost and hear godrock, they more likely see a bike that looks kind of sloshy and heavy, and sounds farty...

No amount of payola prompted legislation can make 4 stroke motocross and supercross more exciting... All they can do is hope it'll stay "All 4 Stroke" for long enough so that no one remembers how good it was.... and now you have guys showing up and racing on bikes that they wish would just go away.... No wonder some of them have bunched-up soggy panties.
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Post they banned over at Thumper-Humper MX.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
While I like the post, i'm not surprised it got deleted. It reads as if it was intended to get a rise out of 4t fans more than anything else. Picking another fight, as it were....

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 05:30:18 PM »
Suzuki TS250/185 you are a legend keep up the good work

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
Bloody oath! Keep givin em shit, maybe one day the hole 4 pig thing will come crashing down in a big heap and those who rubbished the two stroke will eat there words!!
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 11:28:01 PM »
Very clever! Haha but its understandable that it was deleted
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 05:59:28 AM »
Yeah, absolutely don't get me wrong. I love it :).

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 03:11:59 AM »
pure gold, screw those guys.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.