Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Is AXO a good helmet?  (Read 3445 times)

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Is AXO a good helmet?
« on: May 09, 2010, 12:42:47 PM »
I've been looking at some diiferent brands of mx & offroad helmets & I found a AXO "switch" helmet that looks really nice & I was just wondering if anyone on the site has any info on the AXO brand and most particularly the "switch" helmet? Any info on that helmet or brand would be greatly appreciated!

Offline ASH510

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Is AXO a good helmet?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »
i have an AXO older helmet i think it is rx5 it is my fav.
i have the aria and a bell and the AXO beats them out.
but now the wife wants my :o AXO so i have to give in and wear
the ARIA :'(  ..   oh well it is better than divorce court.  ::)

Offline Jontey

• Novice
  • KX250 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »
Not meant to go offtopic here but.. The Fox V3 is a great helmet. So light and comfortable.
Sand tracks+2 Stroke Bike=WIN!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 02:50:43 PM »
I just bought a new HJC.Yeah,I know,laugh all you want ;D,but KBC/HJC just fit me the best.I don't know anything about AXO but these days,I go with what fits-which is why I always buy from a dealer-so I can try them on.My last helmet was a Simpson and while a fair bit more $$,in the end,though tight and whatnot,it just wasn't as comfy.Moreover,it was what I was wearing last fall when I knocked myself out and ended up going for a ride in the neat van with the flashing lights.I'm sure that had more to do with the impact than the helmet though.Regardless,AXO may be a great helmet but keep in mind KBC makes probably half or better of the helmets on the market it's just that a name brand sticker and graphics up the $$ by 3x or so.Having said that,I don't think I'd go for a super cheapy.I know they're all supposed to meet the same standard but,well,I just wouldn't.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »
No Ford I won't laugh about you owning an HJC helmet because that's what I own also & their GREAT helmets!I was just looking at the AXO brand on a website & the "switch" helmet looked really sweet!My HJC is about 4 yrs. old & I would'nt mind having an extra helmet on hand.Jonty mentioned the FOX V-3 and I've always loved anything made by FOX.Especially Fox shocks!I have a set on my Mt. bike.Another helmet brand that I was checking out was a Vemar helmet.Basically what I'm trying to find is a helmet that is NOT made in China,Korea or Taiwan & I think the AXO & Vemar helmets are Italian.The only products or things I like made in the Asian countries are the women :P!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »
I agree Maicoman.

But you need to make sure they are actually "Women" first.

Otherwise it put's a damper on proceedings.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
I completely agree TMKiwi.I'm American with German ancestors.I was just recently divorced so that's why I mention women quite often.I guess I should start looking for a Russian mail order bride?NO screw that they might send me the wrong type!I'll just go out first thing in the morning and take a long ride on the KTM-300!By the way I'm still waiting on a pic of 2-strokers girlfreind in FOX socks ONLY! :P