Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: i love my new yz!!!  (Read 3294 times)

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
i love my new yz!!!
« on: February 22, 2010, 07:43:29 PM »
just like the title of the thread says..... i love this thing. so i picked her up on friday morning, worked on the break in all day ad was up until 2 am pulling every bolt baring etc.... and greasing her all up. got my new backgrounds all put on and rode practice saturday all day. i was so stoked because i was out in the int, exp practice and fell right into my pace. went racing yesterday and finished 4-4 for a 4th overall. my first moto i was somewhere 7-8 off the gate and picked off a few guys and was about 2 turns from the front at the finish. second moto i was 3 off the gate and battled with 1 and 2 for 5 laps. the guy behind me always beats me even on my 450 so im stoked at this point. then on the white flag lap its starts pouring rain and i stared to hold back because it was slippery and scetchy out there. i gave up that 3 spot but not without a fight.

i just cant believe how much fun i had riding this bike and how competitive i was. i didnt lose a thing. once they post my transponder times i will compare them to past times on my 450 but i think its going to be even. i was also way less tired at the end of each moto on the yz, cool!! being that im not a stranger to 2t's it was so easy to adapt to the yz and i had been practicing alot on my old 01 cr at the track. all my friends said i looked smooth and my only question to them was how did it sound, lol!!! oh and the best part is , a guy that normally beats me in my class, i beat him both moto's, SWEET!!!!!!

thanks for all the input everyone, cant wait to do a top end now, hahaha!!!!

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: i love my new yz!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
this is awesome! congrats!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:28:30 PM »
I read this article one time in a magazine, forget which one, and it was on, does size really matter? And, they compared an rmz-250, rm-250, and rmz-450, and, the lap times were extremely close, the garbage that people tell you about the 450 being so much faster, not true, it really isn't, the magazines make it sound like it is, but, I have one word for you, PROPOGANDA!
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:29:54 AM »
westsiderippa - Congratulations on your new bike! What an amazing story about your first race back on a two-stroke.

You know, I don't think that you guys understand something... stories like this do more for the promotion of using two-strokes than any debate ever could.

Any person that steps outside of what everyone else is doing is always called "crazy". But when they see that there was only a positive change and very little down side... that make an IMPRESSION!!!

westsiderippa - would you mind if we write a feature story on you for the main site? ALl we need is a few photos and a bit more about why you went to four-strokes and then why you switched back to two-strokes.

It is extremely inspiring.

Great job!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 04:31:46 AM »
well done i love taking 4ts on the inside line.

Offline ferrahount

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 12:58:09 PM »
Congratulations!!!
I'm now looking for a KTM 250 SX to trade for my CRF450. I've found one, but I have to see it first. If the bike is in great condition I'll be back to racing 2 strokes.
When I wrote the post in my local MX/Enduro forum some people wrote back supporting my (in their words) "brave" decision. I think out there are many people that thinks the same as us. Two strokes are great bikes, just they suffered from bar propaganda (and even worst rulebook making). Do you smell conspiracy??? LoL
My heart beats every cycle, so does my bike!

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »
that would be really cool john i would love to. let me get her all washed up and take some pics of her today.

Offline ferrahount

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 01:02:15 PM »
well done i love taking 4ts on the inside line.

Yeah!!! That's really nice.
I remember my last two stroke race, more than a year ago, when I finished third (was a regional race and I live in Chile not USA) and I pass another rider who was aboard a KX450F on the inside two laps to go. Was such a great feeling!
My heart beats every cycle, so does my bike!

Offline graham472

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »
Awesome!! Look forward to hearing some 2t racing stories.
Go get 'em champ

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 06:23:06 PM »
westsiderippa do you ride in amateur class so that would mean you race your 2 stroke 250 against 250 4 strokes?

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
kxwestyz, i mainly race vet classes, +25 and +30 INT. but i do want to run in the 250 class also. i will be doing some loretta qualifiers for the north and south west and will be riding 30+b/c and 250 c.