Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: WE NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3673 times)

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
WE NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
 www.carnegieforever.org

we are about to lose another state ohv park here in california. do to f-ing environmentalists. carnige park is located between tracy and livermore for those that dont know. its home of some of the greatest hillclimb comps. the peer group has found yet another loop hole to save a b.s. creek that runs about 4 weeks out of the year. we already lost clear creek, for those of you that dont know clear creek was awsome. if your from cali this should be a priority for you. we need your help.

a good day at carnegie

carnegie 10-20-09 CR250 HILLCLIMB CUSTOM BUILT TRICK CR 250

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: WE NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 10:22:16 PM »
2t vrs 4t. heres a real race.....

Mike Morgan (Carnige Hill Climbs)

if you have never been here. its just a free for all of steep hills everywhere. such a fun place to push yourself to the edge. i grew up riding here and its a shame i might never get to ride here again. tons of park rangers might lose there jobs also. what a shame.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »
Day at Carnegie

thats me and my buddies yesterday at carnige. so fun. and yes its as steep as it looks on those hills!!!

please go to the above link in my first post and help sign the petition and send it to anyone you can. we cant let these dirty rotten environmentalists take are ohv parks anymore.

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:00:34 AM »
I just signed the petition, even though I live in Maine!!  We just cannot afford to keep losing riding areas.  I contact my representatives and senators everytime I hear about the government closing off access to land, no matter where it is!!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »
Add me to the list!! I signed as should everyone......

Please keep us updated on the status of this.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »
Would I be able to sign, even though I am canadian, you see, here in Canada, you can pretty much ride anywhere you want, as long, as it's not private property, wait, scratch that, owners of property will put up no trespassing on dirtbiking trails, just so that if you do get hurt, you were trespassing, and if you didn't get hurt, you weren't trespassing, or they don't care that your there. We have no OHV access trails, we just have trails, I don't think i have ever heard of a trail closing in Canada. It really sucks that you Americans have to deal with those environmentalists. Anyway, if you guys run out of trails, come to Canada, we have loads of them, so many trails per capita, and some pretty sweet views.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 05:38:21 PM »
i say sign it, please. if they reject your signature do to being out of the country then oh well, but thanks for the attempt. we need all the help we can get here. ill keep everyone up to date with what happens. we might be getting it in the a-- in cali more than other states but you watch and see and soon we will all be screwed.

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »
Happy to sign the petition. I also made comments to the effect such a closure would have on interstate commerce. Most people only think about the effects on local businesses. What about all the gas stations, hotels, resteraunts, etc...? If I cannot ride at this park in California all of the money I would have spent in the various states traveling from Texas does not get spent! Arizona, New Mexico, you folks would not be getting any of that travel money pumped into your economy. Doesn't seem like much? Let' see, $400.00 for hotels, $200.00-$300.00 for food, $200- $400.00 for gas. Just think this is for ONE family of 4, so you can see how quickly the money adds up. My point is these land closures affect us all in bad ways.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 12:51:32 PM »
http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci ... urce=email

its not loking good right now for us........im out of breath on this thing

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 01:13:53 PM »
Signed.
Good luck, it's a problem thats affecting us everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 08:17:13 PM by TotalNZ »