Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Possible 125cc class at Nationals in 2012  (Read 5254 times)

Offline SleeepyHollow

• Novice
    • View Profile
Possible 125cc class at Nationals in 2012
« on: September 22, 2011, 08:11:23 AM »
It's still in the rumour stage, but this would be amazing.
The powers that be are considering a 125cc class, two Stroke only of course, at 4 of the Nationals next year, this would be for young pros 19 and under.  It would be a series within a series. If true this would bring credence to Suzuki selling 125 and 250 two strokes nex year. Three of the big 5 would be selling 2 strokes!!! This makes perfect sense.   Stay tuned, Keep your ears to the ground.

Jere Swarr  717-278-8998

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Possible 125cc class at Nationals in 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »
I know its just a rumor but have you heard if it would be televised as well?
2000 yz125

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:08:01 PM »
why do these kind of classes have to be for only snot nose bags. older guys, like 20yrs old (24 myself) love the tiddlers also. remember john dowd in 98? or hughes and brown in 01-05? nate ramsey?they were all 30 and many other guys who raced the tiddlers. this class is not college boy or schoolboy. this level is where everyone is a PROFESSIONAL and  is racing for money, you know that thing that makes the world go round??? age is meaningless at this stage. either your fast enough to make money or your not. fine make it a regional series like the arenacross pro am class with east/west/backwards and forwards where u can use the points to earn your true pro license but age restrictions? really? if jeffrey herlings and ken roczen are fast enough at age 15 to win at the highest level then something tells me they wouldnt have any issue facing off a 20, 25, 30 or even 45 year old for that matter. Why does our AMA continue trying to act like every other motorsport out there? were not nascar were motocross. 2wheels not four and we dont go in a circle. and the dirtbikes that do dont emulate the cars(i think) and were AMERICAN MOTOCROSS. NOT the EUROPEAN GPs. :angryfinger:

and for another day why can a 6ft 13yr old race me in the 450 class then race 85's? obviously size has not bearing on what class you can enter but what if your 30 and a midget like 5'2 what then?? race and 85 against a 450??? ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:35:28 PM by motoman356 »

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
Well said motoman356.  It should be fot anyone who wants to race a 125. Would be awesome to see, and if it does go ahead, if the crowd numbers are larger at these events. One could only hope its the start of a 2stroke takeover   ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:58:48 PM by scotty dog »
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:59:38 PM »
That,s great news. I,ve been saying it for years, start the 2-st. come back with a 125 series. The 125 class  is the most exciting, wide open everwhere, that,s real racing. I think the age limit is lame and doesn,t make sense, there,s no age limit in the 4-st. series or any other pro series.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »
I think a 125 race would be way cooler than the womens racing.
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:36:48 AM »

haha itd definately be be more exciting and have a full gate thats for sure. no offense jus sayin

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
   I agree Snook,it,s a womens lib thing I guess, mx is living in the 70,s.  It,s like she rides so good for a girl, so what. I beat 3 girls that where in the top 5 in national points, no big deal there b class racers. To make the womens class more interesting they should allow, 40 plus men. Still that wouldn,t be as cool as a 125 pro class,with no age limit. Who knows maybe some old 125 specilist like Brown,Craig,Sheak,Huffman,etc would show up.

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »
 Who knows maybe some old 125 specilist like Brown,Craig,Sheak,Huffman,etc would show up.

I'm just throwing this out there, but I'd drive pretty far to see Brown, Pastrana, Langston, and Lamson go at it!

Offline Shawn36

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 04:18:08 AM »
The idea was pitched last year with little response from what I understand.  I know MX Sports wants to get 2-strokes involved, just look at what they do with Loretta's.  Next year the Mini Beginner class will be replaced with a 125cc Open.  But the pro level is a different animal.  I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. 

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 07:16:42 PM »
Just imagine 40 screaming 125's runnin down the line!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 06:08:40 AM »
It (the format / age limitations) might be a match up to the FIM / Youthstreams EMX125 series, that was held, seperate, and sometimes with , the MX2 / MX1 GP series. It was good racing, the final round was held in conjunction with the final GP of the year in Italy.

Contrary to what a lot of people expected, including myself, it wasn't a KTM benefit series, as a young fellow won on a Suzuki. I  think that KTM might have done the decent thing and not brought the weight of it's full factory effort into the series, or, perhaps, it may have been limited to 'shop teams?

I think it's time that the MX3 class became the 125 class in World GPs - MX3 as it is, is a feeder class for the GPs (or , moreso, it's become a feeder classs for the EWC / WEC series, by the amount of blokes that go from MX3, to World Enduros :D ), as is the EMX-MX2 series. MX3 hasn't really provided a series for Big Capacity bikes, within the 500 2t/ 6504t range as it originally started as. With 350 KTMs being raced in it - Jussi Lansoo (sp?), who some may remember as doing very well in the US a few years ago, as a privateer, raced one from reports - they have obviously shuffled the minimum 480cc (or somewhere near that) 4t capacity, aside.

There's not much catchet / history to the MX3 name, so bring MX3 to 125cc, MX2, and MX1, all with equivalency. MX1 back to maximum 500cc. Not because I want 500cc 2ts out there - I ride one, and there's No Need for their return, as somewhere near a 400 would be the sweet spot for a modern 2t, but purely because each time I've ridden various overbored 450s, or their factory made 505 / 511 variations, that are more like 470 / 480cc , they have been nicer than the 450 versions.

We'd be back to the classic classes, with a big variety in the MX1 class, with all types of sizes between 300cc to 500cc, in both stroke types.

Then, No Age Limits in Any class.

GPs back to 40 +2 - I'd suggest it for the US Nationals but when I've done that elswhere, it's been greeted as making the sport too hard, both for riders and spectators, there......

The racing world would be put to rights.

As a plus, Honda, or any other company that wanted to, could roll out a 34/40mm stroke 4t 125s, to acheive the revs to get power to compete with 125 2ts, as surely the 4ts could be competitive, since they are so much better than antiquated 2ts????  ;)

Mind you, the FIM / Youthstream have allowed twins in MX1, so logically they should be allowed into the new MX3 class, and MX2 as well. They banned them as being too expensive for the sport many years ago, but, hey, 4ts haven't been much of an expense issue, so what could two cylinders do to racing that might be detrimental?

By the way, I'm being deeply sarcastic with the 'twins' thing, before some noodle comes on here screaming at the suggestion.

I'm just back from the MX Des Nations, great racing, and I got to put just over 2.5 thousand Ks on a mates Super Tenere, during my wild charge down to the track, then my leisurely way back to Paris along the coast.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
I agree with your post bearorso.
The only problem with your idea that I foresee, is it is too bloody logical. ;)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
You're right on that second sentence, Oh Blue (TM), Small, Flightless Bird!

As the 4ts 125s - seriously, I'd love to see / hear 16/18000 thousand rpm 125 4ts out there - people would definately get to  Really  know about narrow power bands, and there's plenty of people that would have the funds to keep them in tip top shape............Well, at least Factory Honda themselves could keep them running......

Offline 4Stroke

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:26 PM »
If there is an age limit they should make it 17-24 B/C college boy, I'd buy a 125 just to race that!  But regardless, a 2 stroke class would be more interesting to watch than Womens, (No Offense).  AS long as they schedule it into the day's program where most people would still be there to watch it, unlike having the womens 2nd moto at 6:30pm when the people that came for the day are leaving because it's hot as hell out and they're sick of being in the heat.  Getting off topic but if they scheduled the Womens motos after the 1st 450 moto and then after 1st 250 moto, they'd have a bigger audience and would get more attn.  But going back to the original point, they better televise the 125 series!!!!