Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: TM Racing History  (Read 4683 times)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« on: September 27, 2012, 01:39:45 AM »
In Pictures.

The Start.

The 80's.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 02:55:42 AM »
Man what a company. I've made the recent discovery that there is in fact a halfway decent presense of TM in Queensland so I'm looking to make a TM 144 mx my next bike. 2013 of course :P If they can match KTMs horsepower that would be even sweeter.

Good thread

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:32:49 AM »
The first one looks alot like an SWM with Maico forks.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:50:55 AM »
The 90's.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 07:20:37 AM »
2000's

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »
I've got a TM in the shop right now. Maybe this Winter I'll finish the project.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
I've got a TM in the shop right now. Maybe this Winter I'll finish the project.

SachsGS I think you have toooo many projects  :o and many of us here are willing to lend a hand...  just crate up the bike and parts, ship it to us, (of course supply us with your credit card so we can purchase required parts, supplies, fuel, etc.) We will put the bike(s) together, thoroughly test them, and when we are done thrashing it, we'll re-crate it, and ship it back to you.  Of course the cost of re-crating , and shipping will be added onto your credit card.

See we are all here to help clean out your garage / workshop to make room for more projects.   ;D
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »
what would be nice is, somehow getting a review of each year of the bikes, and then by each year saying what chanced, what was better/worse than the previous year, and then do that all the way up until the new ones

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
what would be nice is, somehow getting a review of each year of the bikes, and then by each year saying what chanced, what was better/worse than the previous year, and then do that all the way up until the new ones

I am trying mate.
Not alot of info around on TM's. Easier to do with the last few years.
I do have some test rides I will put up.

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
I take a few of those disc valve kart engines.

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 11:00:58 PM »
Man what a company. I've made the recent discovery that there is in fact a halfway decent presense of TM in Queensland so I'm looking to make a TM 144 mx my next bike. 2013 of course :P If they can match KTMs horsepower that would be even sweeter.

Good thread

The TM dealer in Brisbane is pretty cool. Has been running a team out of his shop to get TM's name out there. I was trying to decide between KTM or TM but there were no 250mx models left in Australia so that made the choice easy for me

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 12:50:42 AM »

Good thread

The TM dealer in Brisbane is pretty cool. Has been running a team out of his shop to get TM's name out there. I was trying to decide between KTM or TM but there were no 250mx models left in Australia so that made the choice easy for me

Hah, I can imagine it would be. I don't know hey its difficult the KTM 150 is apparently an awesome handler and its got the power. The suspension is alot better than the 2012 apparently. But its a TM we're talking about here. If they manage to get close to the power of the KTM in 2013 we'll see. In 2013 the TM 144mx is getting the electronic powervalve that the 125 has which should be good. We'll see how I go and who knows, there might not be any 2013 sx150s left by the time I get a job and am good to pay for it.

I am trying mate.

http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/media/magazine-tests/

Theres a bunch of magazine tests for various TM bikes on that page, good reads I read alot of them yesterday.

Offline 2STROKEREVOLUTION

• Novice
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »

Good thread

The TM should be on par with the KTM. And with the electronic powervalve, the low end should be much better. Throw in better suspension, KYB forks and their new works shock. TM would be my 125/144 choice.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 02:33:21 AM »

Sex on Wheels. ;D

The beauty of the TM & KTM 144's is they are purpose built bikes not bored out 125's.
Check specs below.

MX 144

Technical detailed
Engine: 2T TM RACING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bore and Stroke: 56 x 58,2             (54 x 54.5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displacement: 143,35cc                   (123.5cc)

Compression ratio: N.D.

Kw power: N.D.

Intake: V-Force Reed valve

Fuel system: Keihin PWK 38 Carburettor

Fuel type: Unleaded fuel / 3,5% Mix oil

Ignition type: Kokusan CDI Electronic with variable advance with two selectable maps

Primary drive: Straight ? tooth gear

Cluth: Multiple-disk in oil-bath with hydraulic control

Gear: 5 gears

Cooler System: Coolant liquid with pump

Frame: Alluminium perimetral

Front fork: Marzocchi USD 50mm

Rear shock: Sachs Boge (optional Ohlins o TM )

Front tyre: 80 / 100 x 21

Rear tyre: 100 / 90 x 19

Front brake: Braking wave Disk 270 mm. With Nissin pump and caliper

Rear brake: Braking wave Disk 245 mm. With Nissin pump and caliper

Tank: Plastic (8,7 Litres)

Weight:

MX and Enduro 144 cc engine
New cylinder and head
Repositioning of the reed-valve on the crankcase
New carburetor manifold
New airbox manifold
New filter cage
Electronic valve on the exhaust
New crankshaft bearings
New HGS exhaust system
HGS silencer
The carried out modifications will increase power through the whole range.

144cc. TM have not rested on their laurels with their 144cc engine either and the 2013 engine for MX and Enduro models now shares the same TM electronic exhaust-valve system, that has been proven to be a significant aid in engine performance and control at any given rpm, as fitted to the 125cc engines. The adaption of the TMEES system means the 2013 144cc engine features a totally new cylinder and cylinder head along with the all the other changes that have been made to its slightly smaller capacity brethren, changes including new main bearings tailored to the 144cc specific crankshaft with its own specific billet machined connecting rod. A new intake system featuring a new air filter cage and new manifolds for both the airbox and carburetor, these changes are also matched to a revised position of the V-Force reed valve on the crankcases. New programming to the ECU modules for both ignition spark control and powervalve operation also feature combined with alterations to fueling and carburetion setting. As with the 125cc engine the 144cc powerplant will also feature a new specific HGS pipe and silencer combination all working together to once again give significant performance gains in both horsepower and torque throughout the rev range.

Offline 2STROKEREVOLUTION

• Novice
    • View Profile
TM Racing History
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 02:33:52 AM »

I am trying mate.

Good idea.

I'm assuming you are going to add pictures up through 2013. If not, I'll add what i have. It seems 2009 to 2012 haven't changed much, as far as exterior. Zokes forks and Ohlins shock, same plastics. 2013 has new suspension. Whenever you are done I'll add mine. Let you keep it in order. I have a 2012 pic and 2013 spy pics.