Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Cedric's YZ  (Read 8716 times)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: Cedric's YZ
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 07:00:32 AM »
Hopefully, thank you!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 03:24:32 PM »
Looks like they got triple clamps on there. Maybe they don't need anything. I've not got a reply, and guessing Burns hasn't either.  Pic of the bike, looks like rewelds were done on the frame to strengthen. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline RM250 Evan

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »
Here's the other pics:

2007 RM250......RIP '92 50z, '87 YZ80, '02 RM125, and '06 YZ125

Braaaaappp!!! 2 Strokes 4 Life!!!

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
Starting to look good! :)

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »
Starting to look good! :)

Certainly is. Cant wait.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »
The way I read it / have seen, Motoconcepts are an established team, with a fair amount of support.

So, perhaps they don't /won't need money or parts donations. Those things perhaps should be held back for a TSM effort, if attempted again.

But if they respond saying any help is welcome, then go ahead and help them.

The  way to support their effort, I think, If they are the team I think they are, is by buying product from them, contacting them and letting them know of your support and how you've picked up on them through this very welcome support of a 2t, and even contacting, buying product from their various sponsors And letting the sponsors know your spending has been influenced by this 2t support.

That is the sort of thing that can really register with sponsors - it is the (major) reason they sponsor teams / riders.

Spreading the word through the various Internet forums about this, praising those involved in it, is another great way to thank those behind the effort. Good publicity is what it's all about.

Why KTM didn't think of this sort of thing with Cedric is a bit surprising - they must have seen the publicity he / they got from his Euro efforts in the GPs and Euro SX. Quite a missed opportunity for them , I'd say.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »
Bearorso has a great point! This is what truly needs to be done.

Charles my suggestion is to contact them and ask if you could pot blogs direct from the team to get the word out to two-stroke fans. They may not go for it, but you have direct access to a large contingent of fans. The mainstream media will only make brief mentions about their effort. But TSM could give detailed information which would be terrific advertising for all the teams sponsors.

Te fact that DV is involved, has tons of factory race team and experience with Yamaha is very comforting. Please don't second guess their choices on what they put into the bike.

While Project Two 50 did not live up to it's potential, we were pulled apart by everyone thinking that they had the best idea for getting the bike more notoriety in the press. This is the reason for the "see-saw" action of the engine mods and more.

Obviously the problems were more numerous than I care to mention, but lets just say that the fact that Project Two 50 showed up at the races and got some press was a win for the two-stroke. While we did not accomplish our goals, we did get lots of people thinking that the two-stroke was worth looking at.

As for the parts and stuff on the bike, most of the sponsors offered us 50% discount on parts and accessories. So we still had to buy most everything for the machine. Mike's dad put up the money for the suspension, which Mike has to pay him back for. Some of our good sponsors, donated cash, which helped us to get further than we could have ever imagined.

To mount this kind of effort requires so much more than you can imagine, unless you've been in the situation. The most IMPORTANT aspect is to surround yourself with the best people possible. Then next is to make sure that you are all working towards the same goal... you guys know the rest.

I for one will be watching Cedric's progress very closely!

Whoo Hooo
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 11:27:57 PM »
 DV should know just what is needed to build a good, competitive YZ250 - he did pretty damned well on one. And , from what I recall, his dad is a Very Good 2t tuner.

John, did you finally  get that parcel?, and is that a Cobra as your avatar? - an amazing car build on that CD/book, if you've seen it.

I hope it's a great year for all,

Bear.