Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Cedric's YZ  (Read 8716 times)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Cedric's YZ
« on: December 28, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »
Cedrics YZ was dynoed in France on the 23rd. Today they started the final build.

Offline RM250 Evan

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Cedric's YZ
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 08:05:37 PM »
Awesome!

If that is the final build? then they r using stock revalved suspension, and stock triples and hubs? Hopefully they aren't on that small of a budget.
2007 RM250......RIP '92 50z, '87 YZ80, '02 RM125, and '06 YZ125

Braaaaappp!!! 2 Strokes 4 Life!!!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:39:10 PM »
Awesome!

If that is the final build? then they r using stock revalved suspension, and stock triples and hubs? Hopefully they aren't on that small of a budget.

Enzo! They are getting more attention than everybody on four stroke. Hope they hit new sponsors!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline RM250 Evan

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 12:31:14 AM »
Yea I right they r on a very small budget.  :-[

Quotes from DV12 on vital
http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Twostrokes-back-in-2011-US-Supercross-,1156243?page=8

"Hey guys, it's a MotoConcepts program without any help of Yamaha. I didn't even ask them anything! Actually, I am lying... I asked Jim Perry if he had a linkage and some 22.5mm triple clamps laying around. He said, they threw away everything in 2006.

This 2 stroke project came about with Cedric asking for advice to ride in the USA at the Geneva SX and me looking into it with Mike Genova at MotoConcepts. I pulled some strings, Cedric got a little budget from Freegun Underwear, he'll stay at my house and will share my room (not my bed, I see you coming...) at the races. My dad put in some hours for free to build a competitive engine. It's a low-key, small budget, one bike program for 6 races only but again.....

IT'S A MOTOCONCEPTS-ONLY PROGRAM...

He will have 2 days to get used to the Enzo Setup before Phoenix.

It's a base setup on stock suspension. With their experience, we shouldn't be too far off..."

Still excited!!!! but it looks like his KTM might be better...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:33:17 AM by RM250 Evan »
2007 RM250......RIP '92 50z, '87 YZ80, '02 RM125, and '06 YZ125

Braaaaappp!!! 2 Strokes 4 Life!!!

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 04:14:13 AM »
I think the biggest problem is that he has to get used to his yamaha. 2 Strokes is not rocketscience and because of that we like them for their relative simplicity. And so on.

Thinking about rocket science i was at nuclear institute here in Siberia where a friend of mine teaches and works. They work on a project of nuclear fusion (Iter project US also involved i heard) that is really cool. They showed me all and i also saw real plasma. Not that i know what plasma is but i looked it up on a page called "plasma for kids" so i know now. I asked : are some things are not secret? He said uhhh maybe but you do not understand a thing so it does not matter. The amounts of energy needed for accelerators and plasma are insane. Really interesting.

But ok 2 strokes are not that. So if he, cedric, has to get used to the bike's suspension in 2 days that really could be a problem after him riding a KTM for so long.

Really i do not understand that KTM not supports him. Really they missed a huge opportunity i think.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 05:14:03 AM »
Where did the stuff from the two50 project go?  Wasn't that donated? A kit forks, Triple clamps etc?  DV needs some parts it sounds like, and I think the 2 stroke fans need to step up.  We need to get a pool going over there and here for some funds for triple clamps, and ask what else DV needs to be setup right.  We are already behind the 8 ball without any help from factory. But to use a stock bike in a supercross is just BS.  Yamaha, yeah, we can see how much you support the 2 strokes. KTM, couldn't even give him a bike to ride?  He wasn't really even asking for money it looks like.  This is complete BS on the OEM side, but awesome from Motoconcepts and DV.  I know who I will order from when I need something. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 05:27:17 AM »
Miedo in the end we will win. No worry.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 05:31:07 AM »
Sorry, but I saw it when I was trying to do something as well. 2 stroke fans are all, whoo hooo about this, but aren't willing to help. I for one will contact DV today and offer some money towards parts.  Motoconcepts may be a big company, but they obviously don't have funds to do what needs to be done.  I say step up or shut up to 2 strokers around the world.  To be successful, you need support, and that doesn't mean cheering. The mighty dollar speaks.  Ok, end rant.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 05:32:53 AM »
A set of triple clamps would cost less than $200 to machine, even less if you make the CAD file and shop around CNC places. Magnesium can be purchased in wrought bar fine for heat treatment and machining.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 07:02:23 AM »
Project250 bought that suspension it was not cheap either, but they got a better deal then normal on it.

Project250 was a great idea, I just think they got carried away with engine mods, but they were also trying new things out which was awesome, but I wish they would have built a stock engine with just a port job and stuff so it was reliable, and run mixture at 32:1 like normal.

But with this Cedric deal he is a badass rider so I know he will be in night program no issue at all, main events will be hard but I hope out of the 6 he is doing he can at least make 2-3 of them.

Now If I could just lose this damn weight, now that my leg is getting good finally I would try racing SX again, now that my bike is dialed in like it should have been last year, but Im not doing it unless I can drop 60 pounds, been working out but just not coming off.

I do plan to do some Nationals though!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »
I agree, I would have liked to see a 2 stroke run a couple races, before doing all the engine mods. But it's just the way things go. I personally just think in ways, we need to step up. Most of the 2 stroke faithfuls are just not doing anything to further the cause. They just ride 2 strokes, but don't buy any new bikes, and don't put their money where there mouth is, so it does nothing for the cause. 
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 07:53:12 AM »
Any ideas for helping out?
Does anyone have an email address for someone at MC?

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 07:57:26 AM »
The cause? That cause that those big factories wants us to ride 4 strokes? And they only make 4 strokes and that the factoriy riders are being paid to ride them? And we want 2 strokes back in SX and so on. This will happen anyhow because the public demands 2 strokes looks at the amount of hits on Vital.

For the rest i really do not care so why should i support a 2 stroke in those commercial races? I like cedric being up there really i like it but should i pay for something that is going to happen anyhow? As far as i know motorcycles business is really very bad in Europe due to crisis and if the big factories want to sell morre bikes they have to produce what public wants and if they do not they will loose money and so on. I guess they are not that stupid.

Their plan just did not succeed.

Look at it like American monetairy system . Quantitative easing and so on. Bernanke printing money and the fed being a secret institute of private people.
Like 4 strokes in motocross is it like a terminal sick patient staying alive with heavy doping and medicines.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
Sorry, but hits on a web page mean crap. 2 strokes won't just appear. There is only 3,000 votes for the petition. Do you realize how many 4 strokes were sold last year? There are too many sheeple who still will just follow. Plus the new people who might buy bikes, will still listen to magazines etc, many don't even know what a 2 stroke is or anything about it.  So they buy, blow up and quit. Commercial races, while you may not care anything about, are the news and advertisement. If we have 2 strokes racing against double cc bikes and doing well, then it does make a difference. If there are fans cheering on a guy, on a different bike, people will ask why...  If 250F local slow riders, see that even the 250 2 stroke can run with 450F's, they will open their eyes maybe.  If supercross didn't mean anything about who buys what, there would not be millions poured into it from OEM's every year. Just sayin
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
If motoconcepts and DV12 need money and are taking donations that they guarantee will go toward the two stroke project then I am in. I have some spare dollars sitting in my pay pal account. Any word or info on this yet miedoso? It sounded like DV was trying his hardest to get the ball rolling with some trick stuff, but Yamaha no longer had anything. It apparently went in the "bin". I love what 2T institute had to say. Just make a set of clamps, easy, make em out of magnesium while we are at it. That is an awesome attitude, it would be good to see you heavily involved in a project like this one. Help turn the moto industry upside down with some successful two stroke results in a pro AMA event.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!