Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Husky CR300  (Read 5469 times)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: Husky CR300
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »
Hate to say it  but these new Huskies are ugly    >:D
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline Turquine

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:22:05 PM »
Interesting idea but I was disappointed with the results as far as power goes. It's still way underpowered compared to the 450 thumpers at 47 hp. Project 250's machine has much more power and I was expecting more from a 300. Even the stock KTM 250 SX puts out better hp at just under 50. Yet they call this a "full-race" build? I personally wouldn't want to compete on a machine that is substantially underpowered compared to the 450 thumpers which are putting out over 50 hp and broader powerbands to boot. The KTM 450 puts out almost 54 hp stock. This Husky is an improvement over the stock machine, no doubt, but nowhere near ready to compete against the bigger thumpers yet until  it starts putting out some serious hp. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I felt they should have done far better.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »
I thought the same thing about the Hp figures. ???
It does matter what dyno you are useing so would like to know what power they are getting on a 450 on the same dyno.
Other reports have the Husky the fastest 300 around and most of them have over 50Hp ?.
I have heard reports the TM is 54-56Hp.But i am not sure.
A 10 Hp increase is pretty good though.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:28:58 AM »
It seems like Husky puts out some weak engines. I've read 2 bike tests now, this one and their 250f mx model, and both conclusions was that the motors were far weaker than their competition. Husky needs to step it up.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 03:51:42 AM »
Strange claims.
Tests I've read on the Husky claim them to be monsters, similar to early TM300's.
Most magazines now days talk sh#t, just regurgate the same phrases, lots of photo's and captions, no articles with substance.

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 03:57:30 AM »
as you all know its not all to do with HP its bottom end and smoothness .The best thing i can think of after suspension on my RM250 05 is the fact that it will pull me around in 3rd.that means after a corner im up to top speed pretty quick.  :D

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 07:46:24 AM »
I like the new Husky ..Looks great in person.
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 09:16:54 AM »
 ;DUgly or not atleast its a 2smoker they due make a fairly good chain saw and thier rototillers are ok
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 11:18:39 AM »
Put some white plastic, a seat and front tire on the rototiller and take it to the mx track. 
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:55 PM »
Interesting idea but I was disappointed with the results as far as power goes. It's still way underpowered compared to the 450 thumpers at 47 hp. Project 250's machine has much more power and I was expecting more from a 300. Even the stock KTM 250 SX puts out better hp at just under 50. Yet they call this a "full-race" build? I personally wouldn't want to compete on a machine that is substantially underpowered compared to the 450 thumpers which are putting out over 50 hp and broader powerbands to boot. The KTM 450 puts out almost 54 hp stock. This Husky is an improvement over the stock machine, no doubt, but nowhere near ready to compete against the bigger thumpers yet until  it starts putting out some serious hp. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I felt they should have done far better.

Every Dynos are different this is only a tuning tool... They gained a shitload of hp.
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline Turquine

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
you also have to take into account that the WR250 engine that the 300 is based on has been around since forever. the WR250 is a woods bike and the 300 is just a kit engine put into production. i for one am hopeful that with the BMW money/ownership Husky will R&D a new 250/300 platform to compete more with KTM and spawn an updated line of 2T bikes that would hopefully include a CR250.

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2010, 06:23:45 AM »

i know you are a desert racer but again i want to point out that it is enough horsepower on a racetrack.

Do we over here think racing a 250 2 stroke against a 250 4 stroke is ok? I heard that it is a not honest advantage for the 2 stroke. But can someone explain me then why laptimes of 250 4 strokes are often faster or the same as 450 4 strokes? First of all i think it is the guy that races the bike. It reminds me of vilopollo (not correct spelling i think) raced against 450 4 strokes with a 250 4 stroke and he won. Motocross of the nations. So if he is able to win on a four stroke why should a 250 2 stroke not be albe to win over 450 4 strokes?

I guess 99% of all here will be faster on the lighter bike then on a stronger bike no matter 4 or 2 strokes.

So i do not agree with not honest advantage just because of displacement.

Is cairoli insane to ride a 350 against 450"s. And he also wins on that bike. Is it not fair to race a 250 2 stroke against a 350 4 stroke? I do not know. Laptimes tell a different story.

So i think this husky has horsepower enough for anyone and under trackracing conditions it is not like a middle weight boxer having to fight a heavy weight.

For the rest i can say that my brother is classic car tuner and he always says horsepower is for clients and torque wins races. But for motox i found that too much torque (like 500 2 strokes) is just a pain in the ass.

My guess is when you put a fast rider on a 2 stroke he will win against whatever bike.

Then we have motogp where only 12 bikes are racing now because they banned 2 strokes there too. I guess for the same reason and this has no use at all because it went out of financial reach of lots of people so same thing will happen to motocross which is a shame. 4 stroke are good for in cars but my guess is that for motocross and racing 2 strokes are the better choice. This 4 stroke thing has no use at all for normal people.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
Doesnt the 2010 KTM 250 SX put out 52 ponies??? Stock!!
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250