Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: transworld cracks me up  (Read 1532 times)

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
transworld cracks me up
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:24:34 AM »
ok so i'm sure you've all seen the responses to this article from transworld on their "budget" build

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000125445/features/budget-build-2009-honda-crf450r/

here is what came in the new issue of TMX today, about the only worthwhile thing in the entire mag

I'm Ethan B.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.360011417386370.89122.181481391906041&type=1

Dennis had some very good points, although he is missing some manufactueres like TM, and Husqvarna

well the pics speak for themselves, if you can't see the pics, just "like" the page and i'm sure you'll be able to see them then

let me know what you think, kinda cool that i got published in a national mag, i guess they tried to be funny and somehow make fun of me by posting it, but personally i think it made them look stupid
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline evilscientistmoose

• Novice
    • View Profile
transworld cracks me up
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »
If you want to see something hilarious, hit up some of the Power TV clone sites (StangTV, for example). Their version of a 'budget build' with cars begins somewhere around $25K....and up.

Most magazines are only out there as four-color paid advertisements....with an interesting bone or two thrown in as 'news'. Popular Hot Rodding is a hilarious example, in that they've only just now figured out that the peasants are becoming annoyed with their version of 'budget': The last, most glorious example of a 'budget build' was a big block Mustang that they got into the 9-second bracket...once again, for $25,000. They also regularly tout 'home-built cars', however, come to find out, these 'home shops' are fully-outfitted fabrication facilities in which tens, if not hundreds of thousands were spent to set up: Basically, it's a guy who either can't find a wife to save his life, or he's already doing race-car fabricating, and and built his 'backyard project' only as an advertising tool for his work.

If you're a shop attempting to get in more work, then be honest about it. If you're attempting to hide what you're doing so you don't have to pay a message board or magazine for advertising space...just like every other business has to do....sorry, but take it somewhere else.

There are a few scant offerings that dare to attempt to break out the mold, such as Motocross Action, and Grassroots Motorsports, but even then, it's almost impossible to get a 'budget' idea of how to do something done with a bike or a car, unless you happen to stumble across some options on a message board (like this one) somewhere.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
transworld cracks me up
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 01:00:55 AM »
ya i realized that it was basically a advertisement thing, but its ridiculous either way

Recovered

transworld cracks me up
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »
Transworld is a direct representation of Donn Maeda who is a bit of a dork if you ask me, which is a direct result of him being Japanese. 

MXA is the only true pro-2stroke magazine out there, and they try really hard to be pro-2T and catch a lot of shit for it from the dumper clan.

Offline Brap

• View Profile
transworld cracks me up
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:51:52 PM »
I think they have alot of money and there idea of 'budget' is alot different then us broke ass white folks