Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Fuel injected 125 Husky 2 stroke ?  (Read 8423 times)

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
Fuel injected 125 Husky 2 stroke ?
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:27:59 AM »
Anyone else heard this one ?
Just got my latest edition of Aussie dirt bike mag, with an article of 2010 new release Huskies stating a European version of 125 fuel injected 2 stoke super moto Husky. No pics.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel injected 125 Husky 2 stroke ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:11:46 AM »
This is news to me!! If anyone hears of or knows anything about this project, please post or PM.

Very exciting to hear someone is working on releasing a two-stroke with FI... it almost makes sense that it is Husqvarna, when you look at that chain saw video in another thread...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
Big drama talking about it over thumpertalk lol   http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851531
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 01:36:17 AM »
Just checked the Husky web site, they call it  "Electric Carburation System" that controls both air/fuel and oil /fuel mixture, doesn't sound like full fuel injection too me
http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/_vti_g5_ver.aspx?IdVer=37&rpstry=198_

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:50:56 AM »
it says it meets the Ero 3 emissions test :)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 08:19:31 AM »
Here is something that you guys are leaving out.  Many many many 2 strokes have gotten a bad rep over the years for 2 reasons.  Smoking, so that would definitely help. Secondly, jetting.  I have heard so many stories how their 2 stroke blew up in days, even minutes. It was because they didn't know what they were doing on the jetting. On a 4 stroke, it basically doesn't run if it is way too lean. On a 2 stroke, it runs great for about a minute. LOL  Thus, EFI will help elimate the rumors about the EPA and will also help further our cause saying 2 strokes last longer. They do last longer with proper jetting and maint.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 10:10:43 AM »
Hey Miedo...spread the good news on Vital please!  :D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:00:45 AM by 2smoker »

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
You can only do a 2 stroke post every couple of weeks. LOL.  Patience. 
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »
You can only do a 2 stroke post every couple of weeks. LOL.  Patience. 

Common! don't be a chicken!!!hahaha I liked the last thread with like 27+ pages!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 11:49:39 AM »
I tried...... really, really tried, but could not continue reading that Thumper Talk thread on the EFI....

I kept on reading in the hopes that I would learn something and no one added to or explained what the system on the Husky actually did, only argued about whether or not it should be added to a dirt bike.. jeeeezzzz

Well I went to the Husky site and viewed the other side of the bike and zoomed in, then I took a "picture" of the screen so you guys could take a look.... to me it looks like they use a modified carburetor with some kind of electrical connectors that do... who knows what. I give them credit for trying new ideas, but would love to know more.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:26:42 PM by John Nicholas »
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 12:04:46 PM »

Common! don't be a chicken!!!
Look the word Miedoso up on google.  :-)

As far as the EFI, the one guy made a good post on the thumpertalk forum.  he talked about the ability to run a 50mm throttle body instead of the standard 38ish on a 2 stroke. So that does make sense.  I'm not sure if that will be the case???  Either way, everyone needs to accept the probability that EFI is coming soon. Learn it, live it, love it. ;-)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:21:42 PM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 01:53:26 PM »
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

Company manufacturing the carb...

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 01:56:19 PM »
Hey, the engine in that Husky is backwards!  The ignition isn't supposed to be on that side!  That can't be a real Husky!  Impostor!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 02:17:30 PM »
DellOrto Electronic Carburetor
Abstract:
A smart way to control A/F mixture ratio in small utility engines is needed to meet future emission standards and to improve fuel economy. Dell'Orto proposes a novel carburation technology, that joins an effective way to vary A/F mixture with a closed-loop electronic control strategy. The electronic carburetor is able to control A/F mixture ratio in the lean combustion range, improving both emission and fuel economy.

The mixture formation control is achieved by meaning of a solenoid valve on a main air bleed circuit. An electronic controller is used to drive the solenoid valve, according to the engine operating conditions.

The test engine used is a four-stroke, air-cooled, single-cylinder OHV engine with CDI ignition and mechanical speed governor. The control strategy is based on engine speed monitoring. The system normally forces the mixture on the lean side. An incipient lean misfire event is detected by cycle periods processing. When cycle-by-cycle deviation threshold is detected, then electronic controller forces the mixture to go back to the rich side, for the better combustion. Then, the system returns again to control the mixture in the lean range. By adjusting the control parameters, a lean and stable running is achieved. Results on SAE J1088 six mode test cycle shows a strong reduction in fuel consumption as well as in the HCs and CO emissions.

The system detects directly the lean boundary condition, and thus it's self adaptive to the various operating conditions such as altitude, wears, filter clogging, carbon deposits, tolerances, climatic conditions, fuels and so on. After start and transient behavior are also improved, since the system control A/F mixture according to the engine requirements.

This new development is designed to simply replace the standard carburetors. No additional sensors are required. Electric power requirements for control unit and solenoid valve supply are very low. Furthermore, the final product concept is shown, reducing the system to one component by integrating the electronic controller.