Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Scalvini Exhausts  (Read 10508 times)

Recovered

Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »
Thats a rather unique or extravagant combination. 8) ;D

Yea well you only live once, and I do not adhere to the "just clean your filter" mentality. 

If you go on vital, you will see that there is a whole army of guys who will admonish:

1.  light weight bikes.  because they honestly believe a heavier bike is better.  (but if you told them to tie a brick to their valve cover, you'd be the asshole)

2. any aftermarket parts. 

MX is so full of ADHD toolbag drywall hangers/landscapers it is not even funny anymore. That, in conjunction with the mini-rider's parents with ridiculous budgets and 30,000 dollar superminis for their son who only got into MX because he didnt have a long enough attention span for little league. Hence why the summer of 2012 is going to be the "District 13 Park-a-thon".
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »

Yea well you only live once, and I do not adhere to the "just clean your filter" mentality. 

If you go on vital, you will see that there is a whole army of guys who will admonish:

1.  light weight bikes.  because they honestly believe a heavier bike is better.  (but if you told them to tie a brick to their valve cover, you'd be the asshole)

MX is so full of ADHD toolbag drywall hangers/landscapers it is not even funny anymore. That, in conjunction with the mini-rider's parents with ridiculous budgets and 30,000 dollar superminis for their son who only got into MX because he didnt have a long enough attention span for little league. Hence why the summer of 2012 is going to be the "District 13 Park-a-thon".

i'm guessing you'll be administering the parking tickets?  8)

Recovered

Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »

i'm guessing you'll be administering the parking tickets?  8)

Only in right hand corners.  Protecting that Scalvini.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 01:04:54 AM »
what's cool about that is if they fall, and happen to stall it, they likely won't get it started again. My buddy who rides a 250f that is hopped up was leading a race, he slide out and stalled, and couldn't start it again, had to push it back to the truck. he still thinks 4t's are better

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 06:35:04 AM »
MotoMan who imports the TM's to the US is also carrying these pipes now... you can get a pipe/silencer combo for around 500 bux... pretty good IMO. Gonna make you puke tho when it gets dented....
  Yeah Nom de Guerre, I saw that earlier forgot to post,thx for putting that up,500.00 for both that a good deal,sick Lookin pipe.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »
Yeah maybe,Scalvini,s silencer is semi like-huge.The carbon BUDD is much smaller-lighter.On Scalvini website,there,s quite a bit of info,there pipe works with a stock silencer and there silencer will work with a stock pipe. A short silencer has less back pressure,that means lower engine temps.That,s why the factory 125,s always had,shorty silencers.A national 125 had upper mid to screaming topend,where a longer silencer would be a great match,but with the extreme temps.,that is not possible.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 09:48:13 PM »
We will be a supplier for Scalvini  soon.  Stay tuned!

http://www.enduroarmor.com/exhaust-and-pipe-guards/

Awesome news,any idea of the time frame ? Do ya know if it,s a upper mid to topend pipe ? The pipe would be for a 04 cr125, 2mm stroker crank with 2mm overborre,40mm carb. I have a another cylinder and head setup for the 2mm stroker crank,it was Tara Gieger,s stock borre size. I prefer the stock borre over the 2mm over sized, high temps of the 2mm over sized is one reason. You have some gnarly lookin pipe guards on your site. ;D ;D

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »
aside from them looking super trick, what is the advantage to one of these pipes compared to say a fmf or similar?

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »
aside from them looking super trick, what is the advantage to one of these pipes compared to say a fmf or similar?
Huge difference,had a HGS and a pc both complete with silencers. The pc was great for rushing the motor threw the powerband,great for corners then having a huge jump to clear. The HGS had way more mid,much wider mid pull,had lowend torque that I couldn,t believe,topend rev and pull was stronger than the pc pipe which is a great pipe. That was on a 01 RM125. I have a BUDD Racing HGS from a 03 KX125 on my 04 cr125, alot of bending the tail section along with sawing, then pounding the pipe in for clearance for the kick starter and radiator hose. HGS has a junk of lowend, takes a mila second then strong lower mid hit,then pulls harder and further than the pc setup,then adds 3k more of over rev more than the pc setup. The pc setup is still great,comes on the pipe quicker,then rips threw the powerband. PC makes a better pipe for honda 125,than FMF.  Fyi Scalvini makes the pipe on the Husky 125,it,s on Scalvini ,s site.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2012, 11:25:15 PM »

They look super trick-that's got to be worth twice the $$ doesn't it? Well,not to me but to each his own :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 11:32:47 PM »

They look super trick-that's got to be worth twice the $$ doesn't it? Well,not to me but to each his own :)

the ONLY thing keeping me from buying one would be because they have no finish on them (why would you cover up the cone pipe look though?) but ya, because i wouldn't keep up with it, and it would eventually rust on me. i'll stick to a plated pipe with a carbon or ti silencer :)

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
If you ride alot,the plating flakes off the plated pipes,then really look horrible.The plated pipes are also weaker,easier to dent,from the plating process. It,s only takes a minute to scotch brite a pipe,bare metal pipe are sick looking,changing color,etc. The same with the carbon silencer,if you ride alot the carbon does not hold up,like an alum. silencer does,so install the carbon silencer for special occasions like a big reginal race where your plans include multiple holeshots and pulling away for the easy victory. ;D

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
For all the claims of 'better bottom, mid and top end" I see very few dyno graphs...

bum dynos mean sweet F-all when your excited about your new 500 dollar bling pipe... heck they still mean next to nothing in any other scenario.

From the photos Iv seen, these pipes look to be very similar in spec to the stock pipes which is a tell tale that they will perform similarly (perhaps a little better, granted).

For $750 (pipe and silencer) you can one of the many skilled two stroke pipe builders to make you a fully custom designed and fabricated cone pipe to suit your needs.
Heck Im getting one made right now for far less than that to produce top end biased power through a large volume/cc ratio.

not convinced...

show the dyno sheets!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
Dyno,s don,t race the track,a great dyno report usually means no thrust-torque on the track. The pipes are 250.00,you can use a stock or pc silencer,etc. with the pipe.

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
Scalvini Exhausts
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2012, 02:51:07 AM »
A dynometer comparison is the only way to quantify gains/losses from a pipe swap.

I would say that lap times are subjective and are a qualitative comparison

$250?
If you find me a scalvini for $250 I will buy it just to compare it on the dyno ;)