Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Maybe not the bikes but the Tracks?  (Read 4630 times)

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
Maybe not the bikes but the Tracks?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:09 AM »
I think this kind of goes with that old saying; If it was easy everyone would do it. I remember signing the waiver at a track for the first time, it nearly made me pack up and go home (Gladly I didn't). They warn you that you can die, your risk of injury goes up substantially, and its a dangerous sport. Unfortunately for me, being a little on the young side, I barely remember what a 2T oriented track used to be like, instead of the fooper troopers coming up the tracks now. But we adapt and make the best of it.

Now I'm pretty weird in that I have very little regard for the safety of my body.
That's because when your young, your invincible, I know the feeling   8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 02:13:19 AM »
I dunno... I never go to parties and get smashed or any of that bs, I study at school and get an average grade of A- by my calculations. I just push my limits and always want to get better on the bike. I woke up one morning, went down and built a 30 ft jump that was perilously close to a barbed wire fence just to teach myself how to scrup and whip. Stacked it 18 times and still need to get better

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:44 AM »
Me either man, all those drugs and stuff are a waste of money I can be buying race fuel with  8) And I have done that before. I currently have a jump made over my well cover. Some people think I'm insane. I tell them to never watch me hit bigger jumps.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 02:39:05 AM »
Yeah I know right. I've been called crazy, insane, mentally unstable, mentally deranged all sorts of things. To which I say yeah well, you're a pussy

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 10:02:31 AM »
This thread really got me thinking of old motocross tracks and some of the cool obstacles we used to do. I remember on track in California. I can't remember the name but it crossed a stream bed. It was shallow, about 2 inches deep and had a peddle base. The entry and exit were no steaper or larger than a whoop. I really looked forward to splashing though it to cool off every lap.

Then there was the narrow climb out of the gully at Indian Dunes. It went up though the oaks. They would run the side cars up it and the "monkey" was hanging out over the bike since the sidecar wheel was hanging off the ledge! The bottom could get pretty muddy if I remember correctly.

Of course, the big hill at Carlsbad was awesome. Most talked of the climb up but I was always enthrawled by the jump off it. You'd sail, no more than a couple of feet off the ground, for something like 100 feet!

Big ruts, whoops from hell, cambered turns...mud! Now we have groomd tracks and leaps Evel Kieneval wouldn't do!
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »
Man that stadium is absolutely packed. I doubt you could squeeze in a roast chicken for the show... As opposed to todays SX events that often have about a thousand free seats and less than 1000 views on youtube... Gee fuck me I wonder why?

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
This thread really got me thinking of old motocross tracks and some of the cool obstacles we used to do. I remember on track in California. I can't remember the name but it crossed a stream bed. It was shallow, about 2 inches deep and had a peddle base. The entry and exit were no steaper or larger than a whoop. I really looked forward to splashing though it to cool off every lap.

Then there was the narrow climb out of the gully at Indian Dunes. It went up though the oaks. They would run the side cars up it and the "monkey" was hanging out over the bike since the sidecar wheel was hanging off the ledge! The bottom could get pretty muddy if I remember correctly.

Of course, the big hill at Carlsbad was awesome. Most talked of the climb up but I was always enthrawled by the jump off it. You'd sail, no more than a couple of feet off the ground, for something like 100 feet!

Big ruts, whoops from hell, cambered turns...mud! Now we have groomd tracks and leaps Evel Kieneval wouldn't do!

That's exactly what I was talking about. I have access to several real motocross tracks, but there are organizations in this province that don't race at a single one.
Ontario, Canada