Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Meeting with AMA Al Ludington  (Read 7109 times)

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Meeting with AMA Al Ludington
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »
I think he just meant that 150 reads better in the rulebook than 144cc and would be more presentable, just like 300 reads better than 285 or 295.

Ya, I thought the same thing, should be nice round numbers.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 06:06:36 PM »
I am staying optimistic and would say that this is good news and a good start.Great job burn!I have passed it around to as many people as i could to sign.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 11:44:33 PM »
I'm sorry if I sound abit cynical, but I'm not quite sure what it is that your going to acheive by this rule change.
Most countries around the world are currently running your proposed class structure and it doesn't make the slightest difference to the class. A 25cc increase isn't really going to set the world on fire.
Is this rule change at pro level only ? If so another pointless exercise, how many pro's race a 125 in the lites class currently, count them on one hand! Do you think the increase in 25cc will see pro's dumping their 250 4t's in droves and jumping ship to ride a 150 2t, the only people it will benefit is the riders currently on 125 2t's.
For a country that wants to be the leaders of the known motocross universe, you seem to only be playing catch up.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
By the way, if this goes through, does that mean next year we'll be cheering on "Project 3 Hundred?"
:D

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 07:19:51 AM »
I'm sorry if I sound abit cynical, but I'm not quite sure what it is that your going to acheive by this rule change.
Most countries around the world are currently running your proposed class structure and it doesn't make the slightest difference to the class. A 25cc increase isn't really going to set the world on fire.
Is this rule change at pro level only ? If so another pointless exercise, how many pro's race a 125 in the lites class currently, count them on one hand! Do you think the increase in 25cc will see pro's dumping their 250 4t's in droves and jumping ship to ride a 150 2t, the only people it will benefit is the riders currently on 125 2t's.
For a country that wants to be the leaders of the known motocross universe, you seem to only be playing catch up.

Agree 100%, anything less than equal displacement/total annihilation is a joke. BUT since it's clear the AMA is totally biased in the 4 strokes favor, with this new rule you might see a few 2 strokes whereas now there are none. So i'll take what i can get until the current administration dies off and fairer minds prevail

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
  You're blaming the wrong country.  This is in the hands of Japan and their money grabbing plan.

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 10:48:49 AM »
A 25cc increase in displacement maybe just enough to get the rider to belive he can win against the 4t he is going up against.We have all witnessed someone on a 125 clean house on a track filled with 250s and 500s. All I am saying is it could lead to the placibo effect. Then more and more people will belive they can as well.
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »
The real threat is if riders on 150s start winning, then there will be an outcry. The new issue of Dirt Bike (Aug 2010) has the 125 class of the WORCS series which is basically all 144s. They have some short articles on a TM144, 150SX, CR144, and YZ144. The fully modified 150 sounds like it is totally bada--! The CR is stroked, ported/ head mods, fully modified and according to the article is one mean bike. I feel pretty confident that in the hands of a pro these bikes will start winning SX an MX.

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 06:11:23 AM »
By the way, if this goes through, does that mean next year we'll be cheering on "Project 3 Hundred?"
:D

Jet,i would have to say that thatwould be a real strong possibility. ;D

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
A 25cc increase in displacement maybe just enough to get the rider to belive he can win against the 4t he is going up against.We have all witnessed someone on a 125 clean house on a track filled with 250s and 500s. All I am saying is it could lead to the placibo effect. Then more and more people will belive they can as well.
I agree with that G-MONEY !!! Us 2-stroke fans have to start somewhere even if it's not equal displacement at first.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
First... a big tip of the hat to burn1986 for taking this idea and running with it.

I for one appreciate your efforts and will do whatever can be done to support this.

For those who feel that equal displacement is the only way... I have to say that about a year ago I would have agreed with you 100%. But with all the stuff that went down over the past year, including the outcry of unfair by the manufacturers, I now feel that equal displacement at this very moment is a dream.

While this proposal asks for a small increase in displacement, this may be enough to tip the scale and get some privateers out there racing two-strokes.

Over the past year there has been an increase in the numbers of two-strokes that have been signing up for Pro Nationals. At this level every little cc increase will be helpful and useful.

I feel that this is a step in the right direction. Enough increase in the two-stroke to make a slight difference, but not so much that it would scare the manufacturers into being afraid and blocking the change.

Sometimes you have to give a little to gain a little.

Keep up the great work!

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!