Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Four Stroke Maintainence....  (Read 1561 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Four Stroke Maintainence....
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:13:52 AM »
Most times when I write an article about four-strokes, many on the other side probably believe that anything written on a site called Two Stroke Motocross would be biased. Funny how they miss the fact that so many other media outlets are much more biased than this site ever would be.

Just found this article online... it's from a new publication called Off Road Illustrated, brought to you by the famous (or infamous?) Dennis "Ketchup" Cox.

The site is new and still has some issues, but this one article is worth reading.

http://offroadill.com/vol-1-issue-1/mr-knowles-it-all/4-strokes-mr-knowles-it-all.php

What do you think?
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline bearorso

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Four Stroke Maintainence....
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
John ,

I try not to get into the whole slanging match with regards to reliability of engines. I always post that it up to the owner to take care of an engine in the way that it needs to be. And I highlight how 4ts are no longer gutless Foo Foo bikes, but serious engines, that require serious care.

It looks like that article is along those lines.

As my favourite penguin says, if you don't take care of your bike, it's Kaboom, Kaboom time!

Thanks for the heads up on the site - could be good when it's fully functional.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Four Stroke Maintainence....
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 07:04:53 AM »
I agree. Talking about the differences in maintaining a 2 vs. 4 is a waste of time. No one will agree with you on either side, regardless of the facts.

Your way of doing it is probably best. It's a race machine, you should take care of it as though it is. With ll that entails. Whether it be 2 stroke, 4 stroke or Wankel!!!  :P :P

From the post of the front page of the Off Road site, they have an interview with Dave Miller of Miller Mano fame that will be "published" next month. That should be fun and interesting.

Yes I hope they get the site working well soon. It could be an excellent resource.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!