Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: The Ultimate YZ250  (Read 12093 times)

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
The Ultimate YZ250
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2013, 02:13:09 AM »
but my bike is still cool, right? Fires every time the piston goes up.  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
The Ultimate YZ250
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2013, 02:16:45 AM »
Possibly,but anything that fires every time it comes up may be considered premature-and uncool-depending on circumstances at the time. :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
The Ultimate YZ250
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2013, 02:48:31 AM »
At least it still works! :P
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
The Ultimate YZ250
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2013, 04:54:22 AM »
Possibly,but anything that fires every time it comes up may be considered premature-and uncool-depending on circumstances at the time. :)

Quite a problem with you oldie yanks apparently...

At least it still works! :P

Yes yes you cling to that beacon of you hope keep telling yourself  :P

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
The Ultimate YZ250
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2013, 11:39:30 AM »

Who WOULDN'T sell their journalism soul for free parts? As for obvious product placement, I read no such thing. All I read was his opinions of the products he used. Then again it could have been the result of a couple hundred from each manufacturer. No realistic way of knowing.

Someone who still has their dignity, self respect , integrity and above all else the commonsense not to become a hollow sell out. You could do with some reading on what the "Cash for Comment" scandal uncovered and start religiously viewing ABC's Media Watch at 9.20 every Monday night. After a few weeks you will have the skills to spot blatantly obvious product placements. Most films are full of product placement adverts (for locations as well).                                                                 
The problem with product placement (if that's what this is) in articles like this and the KTM one, is that it removes the objectiveness of the writer. If pro circuit pays MXA to do something like this, then you as the reader are just getting told what Pro circuit wants you to hear, not what the writer actually thinks of the product.
To do an objective "ultimate" build, they should have compared products from a number of different sources and tried different combinations....to come up with the best bike.

That's about the size of it Evo, moreover they treat the reader with contempt.   

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
The Ultimate YZ250
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »

Who WOULDN'T sell their journalism soul for free parts? As for obvious product placement, I read no such thing. All I read was his opinions of the products he used. Then again it could have been the result of a couple hundred from each manufacturer. No realistic way of knowing.

Someone who still has their dignity, self respect , integrity and above all else the commonsense not to become a hollow sell out. You could do with some reading on what the "Cash for Comment" scandal uncovered and start religiously viewing ABC's Media Watch at 9.20 every Monday night. After a few weeks you will have the skills to spot blatantly obvious product placements. Most films are full of product placement adverts (for locations as well).                                                                 
The problem with product placement (if that's what this is) in articles like this and the KTM one, is that it removes the objectiveness of the writer. If pro circuit pays MXA to do something like this, then you as the reader are just getting told what Pro circuit wants you to hear, not what the writer actually thinks of the product.
To do an objective "ultimate" build, they should have compared products from a number of different sources and tried different combinations....to come up with the best bike.

That's about the size of it Evo, moreover they treat the reader with contempt.   

Mmmmmhmm, yeah course you wouldn't talk up showa A-kit suspension if they offered you a free set of forks... Nah what sort of self loathing undignified jackass would do that. Get real.