Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2013 KTM 150 problems  (Read 9466 times)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »
No not awesome, hes like a five year old that just found his big sisters diary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:18 PM »
you two should indian wrastle it out.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:52 PM »
Stu, 2T has been tuning and building 2T motors for longer than you've been around. And to be honest most of your post's seem based on what you've heard second hand not your actual experience. I mean how many times have you jetted a 2T how many plug chops have you even done? You just took a whole paragraph to tell someone that they can't just wake up one morning and change there mixture from 25/1 too 32/1 without rejetting. Of course you can, Change back and forth as much as you like it'll make no real world difference, unless like 2T says your bike's jetted just shy of seizing. He's just calling you on some of the statements you post up on here like you know and you've done it hundred times before. Nothing beats experience.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 10:17:42 PM »
stu will beat expierience with quick strong leg attacks.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:35 PM »
HaHa yes, yes he will. Those leg strikes will leave him wondering where the big overhand bomb came from though.
It's an age thing.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »
Stu, 2T has been tuning and building 2T motors for longer than you've been around. And to be honest most of your post's seem based on what you've heard second hand not your actual experience. I mean how many times have you jetted a 2T how many plug chops have you even done? You just took a whole paragraph to tell someone that they can't just wake up one morning and change there mixture from 25/1 too 32/1 without rejetting. Of course you can, Change back and forth as much as you like it'll make no real world difference, unless like 2T says your bike's jetted just shy of seizing. He's just calling you on some of the statements you post up on here like you know and you've done it hundred times before. Nothing beats experience.

You obviously didn't read my post either.

Its no good waking up one morning and thinking hey I wonder if I should try 25:1 maybe it will make my engine last longer. Thats not good and the reason is that, becasue there is more oil in the fuel at 25:1 than there is a 32:1, it translates into a leaner air/fuel mixture during the combustion cycle. Granted a change that small wouldn't be a disaster I'm just using that as an example. If you dramatically change your premix ratio, you might need to rejet. But its usally just one size either side and it sounds like you bought that bike brand new so there should be a few optional pilots, needles and mains. Hopefully you can get away with using those.

Good luck, glad you got the problem sorted.

Can I make it any clearer?

I've lost count of how many times I've openly said that I don't know much. But that is completely irrelevant in this case. If what I had said was flat out wrong then I would take the hit, admit it and apologize. But its not. Its all true, its all fact and the only reason **** features picked that bit out and had a go was to give himself his morning shot of ego juice.

Pigs arse. Last fight I was in was grade four. I wailed him but I couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag I don't think. I'd rather not find out.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 06:48:09 AM »
I've lost count of how many times I've openly said that I don't know much. 

Want some free advice.?
If you are not sure about a subject , why not just read what other people say and learn from it instead of posting something that may be wrong.
Thats how we all learn, from listening to others with more experience.
Thats what my father taught me anyway.

If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 07:36:14 AM »
I've lost count of how many times I've openly said that I don't know much. 

Want some free advice.?
If you are not sure about a subject , why not just read what other people say and learn from it instead of posting something that may be wrong.
Thats how we all learn, from listening to others with more experience.
Thats what my father taught me anyway.

I quite agree. My old man taught me the same the. Well different wording but same thing. If im not sure about something I'll do one of two things: post it up anyway and make it abundantly clear that I'm not sure, or not do it at all. As my old man often says its better to shut your mouth and be thought a fool than to open in and remove all doubt.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »
Man I take one afternoon off and get ten emails reporting posts in this thread. C'mon dudes, keep it clean and respectful. Debates are great, name calling and personal attacks are for high school kids  :D .
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
2013 KTM 150 problems
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 10:51:23 AM »
I guess its like trying to make it rain: Go outside and wash your car :D