Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Red Bull Pro Nationals In UK  (Read 3228 times)

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Red Bull Pro Nationals In UK
« on: January 13, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »
Does anyone know if the UK Red Bull Pro National races have equal desplacement rules for both 2 and 4 strokes?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Red Bull Pro Nationals In UK
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »
I am going to write an e-mail to the marketing director to ask, but my e-mail can not send anything right now... I have the techs working on it now....

For some reason I thought that it was either equal displacement or there was a unique way of setting up the classes.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »
I seem to remember that the pro nationals have a class for 250 2 strokes vs 250 4 strokes and also an open class which lets any bike in but cant be sure. I'd be interested to get it confirmed for definate cos if thats the way it works then its got my 100% backing any might even go check out a few races this season..
if you could let us know that would be cool thanks

Offline 125mx.com

• Novice
  • The Bullshits Stopped
    • View Profile
    • 125mx.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:40:09 AM »
Does anyone know if the UK Red Bull Pro National races have equal desplacement rules for both 2 and 4 strokes?

Dont think they do for the Nationals, the youth's did though if I remember correctly  :o

It seems the MCF have concentrated on the 4st National side of their series as the 2st series is down to one class of mixed abilitys, it seems gone are the 5 groups of 2st riders making a days racing without a 4st being heard. But they are stirring up things between promoters here in the UK with some razzmatazz, they soon could rival the ACU for rights to hold our National Championships.

I do hope they are able to regenerate the 2st series again as it was fun, there is however a shining light on the horizon with a brand new 2st series named the 2st National's I think, their offering 125, 250 and 500cc classes and even a vets 2st class. This series seems to be the one all the riders here are talking about. Their dates can be found on the news page of 125mx.com
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »
125mx.com please feel free to post the link for the 2 stroke National series here for our forum members.

Welcome to our forum!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »
thats wierd I spoke to a promoter from MCF end of last year and asked if there was equal displacement for 2 strokes and 4 strokes in the Pro National Races and they said there was. I just put the post up to double check.. maybe i should call them tomorrow to ask again..

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »
just to clarify from what I understood, in the red bull pro nationals there are 2 different classes - the 250cc (MX2) and the open class (MX1) the MX2 lets up to 250cc for both 2 stroke and 4 stroke and the MX1 lets any bike in.
Thus if someone wanted to get hold of a Service Honda / Kawasaki 500cc 2 stroke Special for the open class they would be allowed.

However I will call them and check tomorrow and post my findings - I sure hope I am right! 

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 05:24:48 PM »
Ok I seem to have found the answer and its GOOD NEWS!¬ check this link

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:DeUVOf1l0i4J:www.mcfederation.com/forms-2010/MCF%25202010-Membership%2520Form.doc+mcf+red+bull+championship+mx2+4+stroke&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

this is a HTML copy of 2010 Red Bull Pro Nationals Membership form and it clearly states

2010 Red Bull Pro Nationals

MX1    N/A
MX2 250 2 stroke / 250 4 Stroke   N/A

Therefore from that it means MX2 is equal displacement for 250's - fair enough for the MX1 which is open not many people know about Service Honda / Kawasaki 500cc 2 strokes and the majority will ride on 450f's which is a shame but I just watched the video from MX2 and I didnt seems to spot any 2 strokes from what I could see - and im pretty shocked cos I woould have thought there would have beeen more 2 strokes competing especially as the MX2 pro races are the day after the 2 stroke championship ones and they tend to encourage 2 stroke riders to do both and there are no shortage of 2 stroke riders.

Kind of wish we could hear from a rider / enthusiast who has been to these races and can tell us from the ground level up about whats been going on here!

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 02:34:43 AM »
i had one of the best days when it was two stroke only,It was a festival of 2ts .I dont want to see 4t at a 2t event.This was Rocket Ron's event i hope they look after it.