Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: POTO's two stroke KX250  (Read 5399 times)

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: POTO's two stroke KX250
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 08:23:22 PM »
It's definitely a trick bike but there's a big difference between a "full" factory bike from nowadays and a factory bike in the 70's.   
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 08:33:35 AM »
The power delivery and the handling is what is so special about it and looks tits.
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56:21 AM »
All titiaium fasteners, Factory plastic is half the thickness,that pipe is not one you get off the shelf, the real beauty of factory bikes are the look stock, but isn;t it really the rider that makes it go fast, I mean even If any of us were on this bike Poto would kick our ass on a 80
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Recovered

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 01:12:05 PM »
Aside from the tuning aspect the bikes have billet components,suspension bits we can't get and are hand built. If you're a top shelf tech you can approach todays factory bikes. Works bikes really don't exist in the way they did "back in the day." They're not allowed. Witness some of the privateer teams accomplishments in the past couple years.

In addition I think the bikes like 'Potos smoker are attempts at gauging buyer response to reintroducing two strokes in a difficult economy that shows no signs of going away any time soon. They're far cheaper to manufacture as the tooling/R&D has been paid for for quite some time.

That being said-cool bike.