Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: AMA rule of the week!  (Read 2036 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
AMA rule of the week!
« on: March 11, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=E60FFFFC0FBE4FAC8AC454FD17208AC2

Pourcel beat 450s laptimes at Daytona on his 250fag Kawi which I consider more like an outdoor track. . Think about it.. Now AMA let us ride 250cc two stroke in that frigging class. Makes senses? Professional racing is so stupid.
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: AMA rule of the week!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:46:05 AM »
Please keep in mind that the manufacturers have goals to sell four-strokes... by allowing them to race against same sized two-strokes would part the curtains of deception they have draw over the eyes of the motocross public.

Like in the movie The Matrix, we have to help open peoples eyes to the reality of the situation... when enough people switch to two-strokes regardless of the marketing hype and the magazine's rave reviews of four-strokes, the manufacturers will begin to take notice. Maybe.

If they refuse to build two-strokes any longer, we need to begin a new race series like Medios is doing (which I support 100%) or rally the powers that be to allow other manufacturers to race in the AMA Pro Series. There are companies that would jump in to fill the void left by the Big 4....

While we have an interesting road ahead of us, the tide is changing.... it's beginning to lean to the two-stroke side!

Braaappp!  ;D ;D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: AMA rule of the week!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
Please keep in mind that the manufacturers have goals to sell four-strokes... by allowing them to race against same sized two-strokes would part the curtains of deception they have draw over the eyes of the motocross public.

Like in the movie The Matrix, we have to help open peoples eyes to the reality of the situation... when enough people switch to two-strokes regardless of the marketing hype and the magazine's rave reviews of four-strokes, the manufacturers will begin to take notice. Maybe.

If they refuse to build two-strokes any longer, we need to begin a new race series like Medios is doing (which I support 100%) or rally the powers that be to allow other manufacturers to race in the AMA Pro Series. There are companies that would jump in to fill the void left by the Big 4....

While we have an interesting road ahead of us, the tide is changing.... it's beginning to lean to the two-stroke side!

Braaappp!  ;D ;D

Agree, just a little bit of info I heard the other day (not sure how serious they are though, as it's still all talk) but there are some rumblings of bringing 2 stroke only events to Glen Helen on a normal basis (much like the REM races they hold every saturday)... Depends on how well the FMF 2 stroke event does this year though (which from what it looks like it'll be packed!) Who knows, but it'd sure be nice :)