Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Honda Propaganda :(  (Read 4456 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Honda Propaganda :(
« on: February 12, 2010, 05:03:36 PM »
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:05:58 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
Re: Honda Propaganda :(
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »
wow talk about squashing the 85 class right there. what a shame. kids that ride 85 and then spend time on a 125 develop 10 fold the skills of the kids that go right to the 150f. i have friends with kids on 85's and they refuse to put them on 150f's mainly do to cost of maintaining those things. they are worse than the 250f.

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:49:59 PM »
HAH! wait until junior's dad has to start rebuilding that thing after every race!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:04:42 PM »
wow... watch as this fails... everyone knows that a 150 has no chance against an 85
I'd rather be riding...

Offline graham472

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
Honda suck!! They think they are the guardians of the racing world

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 01:16:25 AM »
i call the 150fs brat bikes

Offline Chokey

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 05:40:47 AM »
Well, Honda had to do something. The sanctioning bodies refused to make a class for the 150F that they spent so much money developing, so they decided to create their own class for it.

Personally I wouldn't buy one of those little effing grenades for my kid.

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »
i kinda have had my own personal grudge against Honda when they dropped the CR500 in '02 and it developed into bitterness when they dropped 2T bikes all together after '07.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 09:24:31 AM »
i kinda have had my own personal grudge against Honda when they dropped the CR500 in '02 and it developed into bitterness when they dropped 2T bikes all together after '07.
Moto2 class  HRC/HONDA class lol
Moto2 is the new 600cc 4-stroke class to replace 250cc 2-stroke class. Engines will be produced by Honda tyres by Dunlop and electronics will be limited and supplied only by FIM sanctioned producers with max cost set at 650 EUR. Carbon-fibre brakes will be banned and only steel brakes will be allowed. However, there will be no chassis limitations.

Funny how the FIM/AMA endorse all the friggin ideas from HONDA and kill the purpose of racing at any levels. :'(

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:23:11 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
wow... watch as this fails... everyone knows that a 150 has no chance against an 85

From my understanding this is a 150cc four-stroke ONLY class... Honda's new way of competing.... create classes for bikes they are the sole manufacturer of.

This will ultimately fail... you can see it when you talk to the folks that actually pay to race. Four-strokes are just too expensive without a huge amount of financial support... After a while even the sponsors won't be able to support these machines. What will they do then??

Honda should stick to making cars.... leave motocross alone. Please?
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline SaveThe2T!

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 09:01:58 AM »
The sanctioning bodies have allowed the 150r in the Schoolboy class, which has ruined it. We now have apples and oranges on the gate. The Schoolboy class used to be so cool because it was all 125 2t and boys that have just stepped off the 85. Now the problem isin't really the 150r, because unless it's factory built it's a turttle-not even close to being competative. The problem is that the ama let the two stroke superminis in with it, with max dicplacement of 125cc. The superminis weigh 50 lbs less and on average the kids riding them are 50 lbs less. Do the math on the power to weight! Now thanks to the ama "having to let that thing race somewhere" completely jacked up yet another class of racing. I've called and complained two years in a row on this problem and I've just been told that they have to let it race "somewhere". Now we really have three different machines in that class. Full size 125 2t's, supermini 2t's of max 125cc, and 150cc 4t's. It's such a shame. The schoolboy class was the last thing available for 125's to be on even ground, amateur wise and now it's over. They are killing the 125. At least they are letting us race the 250 2t in the 250 class, but they are not allowing it in am supercross, so I think I see the writing on the wall. Starting to wonder why I pay AMA dues!

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »
The schoolboy class was the last thing available for 125's to be on even ground, amateur wise and now it's over. They are killing the 125. At least they are letting us race the 250 2t in the 250 class, but they are not allowing it in am supercross, so I think I see the writing on the wall. Starting to wonder why I pay AMA dues!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »
Savethe2T! - this is kind of odd... it seems that since this four-stroke handicap has been introduced that promotors all over the country (and the world) have had different ideas about how to "rework" the classes. So depending on your location the classes could be significantly different from one area to the next. It's a royal nightmare.

Sorry to hear in your area that the 125 schoolboy, has mini's and 150R's in it... obviously the people that make these stupid rules can not have ever watched a real motocross race otherwise they would see the follies of their ways! Plain and simple, it's stupid!

Chris2T - Don't hold your breath waiting to hear back from the AMA. I sent one a few years ago, I didn't even get a automated reply!!

From what I can tell, they just don't care what the average guy has to say about racing. What they fail to notice is that these are the folks that support racing at the highest levels. Without you and your racing buddies going out and buying bikes, the manufacturers don't sell enough and they will cut back further on their racing programs.

It's a clear case of having their heads buried so deeply up their.... ummmm... deeply in the sand... that they have lost touch with reality.

From first hand accounts, they don't care what the racers or fans want... they are only interested in pushing their lopsided agenda.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »
i quit the AMA back during the Roger Edmondson scandal. i've never understood their motivations for anything.