Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: soubeyras in sx munchen practise times  (Read 4940 times)

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
soubeyras in sx munchen practise times
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
18. / 19. Dezember 2010
SX1
Ergebnis B Zeittraining Samstag DMSB SX 05/10 FIM 297/50 UEM 21/134
Zeitnahme und Auswertung: WIGE PERFORMANCE GmbH, 53520 Meuspath (GER), www.wige-performance.de
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:56:52 AM by wintrader »

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
Re: soubeyras in sx munchen practise times
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:06:29 AM »
Numbers don't lie. :)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
hahaha amazing!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 01:33:18 PM »
Thanks for the updates man
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline RM250 Evan

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »
He can easily qualify for a national. Cause Ricky Renner who he raced ^ has gotten in the 30'sth in nationals last season.
2007 RM250......RIP '92 50z, '87 YZ80, '02 RM125, and '06 YZ125

Braaaaappp!!! 2 Strokes 4 Life!!!

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
Yeah and don't forget about Brian Shuckhart #414 who spanked half the foopers at High Point and Steel City when he raced his 2008 RM 250.
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 06:44:56 AM »
Not belittling how well he is doing and how good he is. But what if he isn't the best, and is still winning or doing great on the 2 stroke.  What if the factory guys are plain and simply better than him?  Maybe the 4 choke is actually hindering them???   ;D
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 07:33:53 AM »
Not belittling how well he is doing and how good he is. But what if he isn't the best, and is still winning or doing great on the 2 stroke.  What if the factory guys are plain and simply better than him?  Maybe the 4 choke is actually hindering them???   ;D

I think so too.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 08:07:19 AM »
The 4 Stroke certainly has been hindering Chad Reed since the beginning of 06...

Here's what he was like before:

Ama Supercross 2005 San Diego Part 1.

Ama Supercross 2005 San Diego Part 2.

When all the teams made it a rule that all the riders had to be on 4 Strokes for Supercross 06, chad definitely suffered.

If Cedric keeps beating the FOOPER troopers in Euro SX, especially the Americans, I'm sure pressure will be applied to him and his sponsors to get him off the 2 stroke.

The reason we don't see 2 strokes in our races anymore is because of races like the ones above where great riders on great bikes revealed the FOOPERS as the pirouetting pigs they really are... In this race, every single FOOPER was lapped no matter who was riding it! That wasn't good for 4 Stroke sales, so they made sure no one would be on a 2 stroke the following year.

Who knows how they'll force Cedric off his bike, but they'll probably try.

Thanks,

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
That was one of the best races i have ev er seen. So again who says 250 2 strokes are a disadvantage???? Those two riders lapped everyone!!!! Are the four strokes , 5 years later , so much better?? Come on!! Not possible. I think 2 stroke is an advantage. And 250 cc is more then enough. I do not think more cc's will give them bertter laptimers.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 10:37:55 AM »
That was one of the best races i have ev er seen. So again who says 250 2 strokes are a disadvantage???? Those two riders lapped everyone!!!! Are the four strokes , 5 years later , so much better?? Come on!! Not possible. I think 2 stroke is an advantage. And 250 cc is more then enough. I do not think more cc's will give them bertter laptimers.

4 stroke are better now and fully injected.. dunno why Chad Reed didn't pick the 2 stroke..instead he picked the company that killed it.( Honda).. but the 2 stroke has a weight advantage and it is easy to squeeze the hps out of them.. just UPS your engine to Pro Circuit.. won't believe the difference! We just need the right rider.. just like Cedric Soubeyras but the European market is more open minded for changes than North America..

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:03 PM »
Fully injected is that so much better. You think it is better but ktm still uses carbs on their 450. For the same reason people think 4 strokes are better they also think injected is better or alu frames or links and so on. think! They have to invent something every year so they can convince you to buy the latest model. Even if it is not better at al. Then you can buy the new model because you can tell your friends that you have a fully injected bike with alu frame and that the factory riders also use those features.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
Fully injected is that so much better. You think it is better but ktm still uses carbs on their 450. For the same reason people think 4 strokes are better they also think injected is better or alu frames or links and so on. think! They have to invent something every year so they can convince you to buy the latest model. Even if it is not better at al. Then you can buy the new model because you can tell your friends that you have a fully injected bike with alu frame and that the factory riders also use those features.

KTM put all  he money and R&D on the 350.. The 350 is fully injected.. Direct Injection is night and days better on a 4 stroke. period. This is why all the FMX riders started to jump the 4 junk... EFI on 2 stroke is also better. Ask Bombardier!

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
Why is it then that motocrossaction tested the ktm 450 without injection and said it is the besdt engine of all 450's? Injected or not? Also read test where it said the kawa fuel injection is not better then the 250 f without injection. Say ok it is better is it so much better then 5 years ago? Ricky and Reed lapped the whole field. Would it be different if those other riders would be riding a 2011 four stroke bike?

What else are they going yo invent next year? Pneumatic valve systems? Or desmo systems? By the way desmo valve system can handle more revs so perhaps that is better. 

I only read that ktm 250 f has a good injection system what is better then the öld"carbs. Anyway a normal rider will not notice and he will not be faster.

Why has Ktm changed their 4 strokes to linkage? Because the public wanted it!!! Something new again. And look what happens everybody think it is better and there they go to the shop and buy the ktm with the linkage!!!! Is better!!! Factory riders also use it!!! Their 450 has factory riders have injection too!!! Next year maybe!!! then we all buy it!

Not because it will make us faster just because they tell us we will be faster. All about money.