Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: New YZR 500cc Fuel Injected 2 Stroke - Finally here....  (Read 4913 times)

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
New YZR 500cc Fuel Injected 2 Stroke - Finally here....
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »
Citibjockey - I work in electronics, and one of my customers makes accelerometers for applications from kid's toys to missile guidance, so I am absolutely sure it could be done through a programmable digital ignition fairly simply.  I'm just not sure you would want something that would cut off your thrust when you did not expect it.  Maybe on a road racer, but I could see some problems on a dirt bike.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
One idea for the real gizmo geek on this bike...

The guy keeps talking about keeping the front end down. wonder if its possible to put some sort of accelerometer and/or gyro system in it so it would not let the front end higher than a set amount (45 degrees?) before it starts cutting power. Then you could pin it all you want and never worry about a loop. Wonder if anyone has ever tried that before?

Nice idea  But it would only be useful on starts.  It would be real scary jumpin nose high, and having bike die

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 01:50:26 AM »
zeeltronic programable race ignitions already have traction control that works great on dirt... you simply set the maxiumum allowable rpm acceleration.

when this value is reached the ignition switches to a second programable ignition map which is usually retarded to kill power

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 03:55:09 AM »
For freestyle of course this "feature" would need a disable switch. But for MX? Does the bike angle ever exceed 45 degrees up? 30 degrees? Seems like someone could set the limit and then just nail the throttle. If the tire spins, no problem. If it hooks up and you can keep the front end down normally, no problem. If it catches and does and unexpected wheelie then it retards the spark a-la traction control. If this was predicitable it could take a bit of the pucker factor out of a CR or KX 500.

Citibjockey - I work in electronics, and one of my customers makes accelerometers for applications from kid's toys to missile guidance, so I am absolutely sure it could be done through a programmable digital ignition fairly simply.  I'm just not sure you would want something that would cut off your thrust when you did not expect it.  Maybe on a road racer, but I could see some problems on a dirt bike.
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 04:06:08 AM »
Good god thats a pretty sweet bike. Worlds first, everything is turning around now. As for the carb v. EFI thing... I'd rather have EFI. Better fuel economy, I can tune it to the conditions easily. Fuel economy might not be important to everyone but it is to me. Not because of the environment so much as the money. Fuel is bollocks expensive in Aus. But hey, a two strokes a two strokes right? Carb or not carb, I'll ring its neck anyway

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
I can just see it now.....
If you coupled the rear brake with the "angle modulator" the wheelies would be endless. ;D

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2012, 01:39:28 AM »
Careful guys, you'll start giving the AMA even more ways to wreck the sport :D