Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Motocross is fun...  (Read 3934 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Motocross is fun...
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
Don't know about you guys, but all of this is fun...

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/07/motocross-is-fun/
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline charlieofak

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Motocross is fun...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »
Well said John, I like your attitude and approach. Also can't wait to see projecttwo50 qualify, way to get out there and make the effort.

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »
I remember riding a two stroke for the first time.  It was an IT175, i dont remember the exact year but it got me hooked on motocross and addicted to two strokes.  I remember how hard it was to ride but i loved the power band.  Then not to long after i rode a 98 yz125 and i had to have one.  Now i have an 04 yz125 and once i sell it im going to move up to an 05-07 yz250.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »
Why do I ride?  The honest truth it to act like I'm 15 again, if only for a few hours...   :P.  Riding allows me to escape the pressures of life.  The other reason is to enjoy some father / son time.  What better way to spend quality time with your son(s) or daughter(s) then riding and wrenching together.  enjoying motorcycles with your children, priceless.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:34:38 PM »
I love Motocross because it isnt easy. The knowing that every lap you can improve, even if by just a fraction. The competitive nature of Moto gets my blood flowing, i love the feeling when your sitting on the start line thinking about how your going to get the holeshot and be the first one around the first corner, and your going to make all 39 other people on that start line eat your roost. Very rarely did i make that happen but it always made me want to go back for more, i have had some great races in the time i raced and they are standout memories for me, something i will never forget. Not having raced for nearly ten years and being extremely unfit at the moment, i'm itchin to get back out there and give it another go. I know it will hurt if i ever do get the chance to have another race but that feeling of excitement will never go away, i think about it daily, getting to the track early on a cold winters morning, a perfectly groomed MX track, the sweet smell of premix and the sweet sweet sound of two strokes, what more could a bloke want?? Motocross is by far the best sport in the world and i will love it til the day i depart this Earth...
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 04:10:12 PM »
I think riding/racing MX is the ultimate & most pleasurable form of escape.My father got me involved in riding at the age of 7 and I got my son into riding when he was 5. I can personally say that riding motocross bikes has definetly kept me on a straight & narrow path & out of trouble when so many of my cohorts went down the wrong paths of life!

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:01 PM »
Man how do add you add to whats already been said.

For me its the thought of getting my son out there. Even under his mother's protests. :P

There's the thrill of being just out of control.

Mainly my point of riding is for the peace of mind I get. There is nothing like strapping on that helmet and hearing nothing but the braap, braap, braap of thast 2 stroke engine. For a few laps atr at time I trhink of nothing else but the task at hand. almost pure nirvana.

I would be remiss if I left all the cool new people I get to meet. Whether its a day on the track or bumping around here on twostrokemotocross.  I have been fortunate to cyber meet and personally meet some very cool people.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline crash796

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »
The best part of motocross: Feeling the butterflys in your gut while you are on the gate, even though you have done it 100 times before.:D

The worst part of motocross: Going to the hospital.:(

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 01:11:44 AM »
Yeah, awesome article. Put a big smile on my face just reading it.  ;D
Its interesting to note, and I know that you have said it before, but whenever anyone mentions two stroke, the word "fun" is usually included in the same sentence. Very interesting !!!!   ::)

Check out this clip, this for me is pure two stroke fun : Motocross crash KX250

Well..... maybe funny, but close enough.

How crisp did that thing sound.

Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 04:48:41 AM »
Excellent article John!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2010, 08:27:41 AM »
My first time on a real track with a group of guys, I could not imagine how natural it felt all bunched up like a pack of wolfs running through the woods.
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »
For me it started in '77 when I was 11 on a '73 Kawasaki G4TR 100 on/off, the one with the hi/lo range 10 speed tranny.  Scared the crap out of me at first!!  In two years I wanted more and saved up for a used '78 RM125 - what a difference!!  Then in '80 my I went with my friend and his parents to the USGP at Unadilla - it was all over from there!!!  I was in awe!!!  The smells, sounds, and sights - I was hooked for life.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 08:03:34 PM »
That video, while very funny is the reason why so many beginners are afraid of two-strokes. A small throttle re-grip and it's all over!!  :P :P

Thank you so much for sharing your stories...
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 05:31:48 AM »
That little clip is hilarious i thought, was only a little crash but funny and yes that KX sounded very nice, thats one thing they had going for em that fat exhaust note.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250