Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Reed's Crash  (Read 7817 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Reed's Crash
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »
If the bike was a 2T it may not have done that strange little dance in the first place. :-X

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:52 AM »
Probably half the reason the 4pigs are EFI these days, if it had a carb he would still be kickin now
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline wysguy

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • MX Track Info
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
Pretty amazing to get a 5th overall after that!

I guess I am a bit behind on my lingo, what did "roll up the windows" pertain to?  Erin Bates said he had a lot of time to "roll up the windows" during his post race interview.

Kids of today and their cars with electric windows. :p refers to chaddles flapping his arms round like, well, he is winding up the windows in a car.

Gracias.  It looked more like swimming upstream, but fitting none the less.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 09:37:45 PM »
If the bike was a 2T it may not have done that strange little dance in the first place. :-X

Maybe, only because the pace would have been off by about 10 mph  :P haha just kidding. As fast as those guys go anybody can catch a lil swap.

To come back from a crash like that and salvage the points lead was awesome. He passed 26 riders and set the 5th fastest lap time of the moto in traffic with a bent up bike....22 is a beast.
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
The guy was riding the bike like a two stroke and it bit him in the ass, lol. 4 strokes steer with the front wheel and two strokes steer with the rear simple as that. Also maybe this is a sign that we're kinda pushing it speed wise as this could have resulted in serious injury.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 07:58:11 AM »
I completely agree ^^

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »
I don't know. I've watched it over a dozen times now from all televised angles. That could have happened to anyone on any bike. There is a bump just before the face that sends him sideways. The jump is big so it launches you high to clear the second half. He went off the side making it look even higher than it was.

It a swapper and it doesn't matter what you ride - you are along for the ride.
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 06:54:23 PM »
id10t

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 12:05:33 AM »
id10t

Everyone has their opinion... No need to throw insults. He is one of our top posters and he will probably come back, read that and reply. Lets not start anything.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 01:25:20 AM »

Maybe, only because the pace would have been off by about 10 mph  :P haha just kidding. As fast as those guys go anybody can catch a lil swap.

To come back from a crash like that and salvage the points lead was awesome. He passed 26 riders and set the 5th fastest lap time of the moto in traffic with a bent up bike....22 is a beast.
Word!

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2011, 08:11:43 AM »
I don't know. I've watched it over a dozen times now from all televised angles. That could have happened to anyone on any bike. There is a bump just before the face that sends him sideways. The jump is big so it launches you high to clear the second half. He went off the side making it look even higher than it was.

It a swapper and it doesn't matter what you ride - you are along for the ride.

that's how i broke my hand this year

Offline Mr Tibbs911

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
id10t

Everyone has their opinion... No need to throw insults. He is one of our top posters and he will probably come back, read that and reply. Lets not start anything.

Im glad you saw this first ACMX, because I probably would have said some regrettable things.
But, rbigair40, respect is due when deserved, and I have lost respect for you sir.
I have been on this forum a short time and I already know that Sachs, along with factoryx, ACMX, vintage, and quite a few others are all good guys that truly care about helping other people. There is no need to call someone names because you disagree. Theres a fine-line between criticism and being a dick.
ONLY TWO-strokes belong on TWO wheels.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58:52 PM »
I appoligize for bigair's comment, Ive known him personally for 15 yrs and he definetly calls it how he see's it. SachsGS was probably joking but some people on here and Vital will post something silly like that and be serious, posts like that are funny because anyone would know Chads crash had nothing to do with the number of strokes his engine had. He probably just assumed he was serious and was poking a little fun...

I respect the guy because he's 40 something years old and been a local A rider for 20 years, he still makes it to Lorettas in a couple classes almost every year, he's actually getting ready to go back in +35 & +40. He used to be the guy on our t-shirts and trophys at the local races...he has absolutly no style what so ever but still goes FAST in both moto and woods.

Offline Mr Tibbs911

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »
I should apologize as well, I was a lil fired up at the time because I just got back from football(hellweek). This is the main problem with forums, you can never get a read on someone and their intended sarcasm, anger, etc. Kind of like online poker vs. real-life poker. Bigair, I am sorry I got super defensive, I just overreacted. No need for a flame-war eh  :-X
ONLY TWO-strokes belong on TWO wheels.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 09:06:43 PM »
No worries man. I just don't want this forum becoming like some of the others out there...
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with