Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Suzuki scoop say theres no demand for 2ts  (Read 7288 times)

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
Suzuki scoop say theres no demand for 2ts
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »
just saw a post on face book when someone asked why they dont bring in 2ts to the states, Suzuki scoop said there is no demand for them??? 

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki scoop say theres no demand for 2ts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
Mayor of Tijuana said there is no demand for cocaine
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:44:43 AM »
Plenty of new ones in OZ & NZ.
And they are not sitting in the shops for as long like the 4S's. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
just saw a post on face book when someone asked why they dont bring in 2ts to the states, Suzuki scoop said there is no demand for them??? 
Answer back to them, and ask them why KTM and Yamaha sells out of theirs if there is no demand.  LOL
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »
He probably meant there is no demand for Suzuki's, Not two strokes. :D

On the bright side, My local Yamaha dealer ordered 4 2011 YZ250's, Was told he could only have one.
He received his allotment and sold out in 4 days. >:D

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 02:55:48 PM »
this is getting old fast. 

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »
Mayor of Tijuana said there is no demand for cocaine

Classic !!

:D
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:59:20 PM »
I'm not so sure there wouldn't be demand for new RM 250s here in North America. As for the RM450 there's one in the 'hood and I usually help him bumpstart it when I find him somewhere purple faced trying to kick the thing.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
you need to reply to that post...
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 08:25:51 AM »
Well, the thing of this BS, is this.  First, we all know they don't ship them here, meaning most OEM's, because it takes away sales of 4 strokes.  Second, we do know the 2 strokes are selling, atleast if they give 2 to every dealer. But let's just say 1 to ever dealer.  There is something like 16,000 motorcycle dealerships in the US.  Let's say only 500 of them are Suzuki.  If you take 500 and multiply the profit on selling 1 per dealer, and we know the profit margin is high due to no changes.  So let's say 2000 profit on each bike for Suzuki. Just multiply those two numbers and tell me that isn't worth selling. But, remember, it takes away from the 4 stroke sales. Which in turn takes away from parts, and repair etc.  The 250F's are just like the Chinese throw away bikes. You buy them knowing when you are done, to dump it before it blows, or throw in a metal scrap out back after it does.
The whole argument I love to see, is that people voted with wallets etc.  Well the thing is, dealers were being told BS stories, so they pushed them on buyers.  I personally was told how 2 strokes were being banned bla bla bla.  So for everyone to say that people just bought them, was wrong. They were sheepled in that direction. Ads, dealers, ProAMA handicap rules. And of course, they are faster, well I mean, when you have twice the CC's they are.  LOL
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
By the way, I was told something yesterday.  The OEM/manufacturers, not the dealers (of course we know they do too), have bikes sitting new from 08 on in warehouses.  So you can actually still order old 4 strokes, even if they don't have them at the dealer.  Amazing.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »
If you are on face book then join Suzuki scoop and keep asking about rm 2ts and how you cant wait for the new models bla bla bla ,its good fun :D

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
haha they obviously didnt like all the pro 2 stroke comments and disabled all comments on their page.... lol - they r idiots

Offline Micahdogg

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 01:44:42 PM »
That is crap because I would have bought a redesigned Rm250.  Instead I bought an 11 KTM 250SX.  And nearly every Yamaha dealer is trying to shovel their left over 2009 YZ450F's out the door for $4500-$5000, but for some reason I drove almost 300 miles out of my way to pay $6500 OTD for my smoker.  Why?  Because the four strokes make no sense to me.  

A 250F has 11 less HP, weighs 15lbs more and has a lot more moving parts to break.  Where is the superiority?  I guess if I needed a throaty exhaust sound it would be better.  Or if I wanted a revier engine.  The ergo's certainly aren't any different.  The styling isn't so much better.  Both bikes are just as capable.  Only one involves more technical wizardry only to make less power and weigh more.  WTF?  I will admit, that YZ450F would have at least made more power (a whopping 2 HP more)........but it weighs over 30lbs more.  Why the hell would I want to lug around another 30lbs just to gain 2 HP?

I really don't hate the four strokes, but they just aren't for me.  I probably coulda been happy for a year or so with a 450F - mainly because I saved $2000.  But eventually the weight would have bugged me.  First ride on the 2011 KTM 250SX and I knew I made the right decision.  It just felt perfect.

I've enjoyed Suzuki's and the other Jap bikes, but if this is all the loyalty they have - what will they do when direct injection two strokes come out?  Just think about it, KTM really should have no problem making 55 HP and coming in 30lbs lighter than the competition with a 250 cc direct injection two stroke.  If the pendullem swings back, will Honda, Suzuki and Kawi just halt development on their thumpers and eventually leave owners stranded again?  It's just not good business.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:35:41 PM by Micahdogg »
2011 KTM 250SX, 1986 ATC250R

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 02:30:06 PM »
well said