Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: *NEW VIDEO*- Project Two 50_Unadilla  (Read 6557 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: *NEW VIDEO*- Project Two 50_Unadilla
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 09:46:21 AM »
I agree you all are doing a great job. My only "suggestion" (NOT a complaint) is everybody should be on the same page when giving out info after a race. Take this video for example. This video says they missed by 1 second, but over on ThumperTalk the mechanic posted an update blaming the engine plating and saying they they missed it by three seconds, but if you look at the times you can see it was 7 seconds. To me that is an easy thing to confuse because it is so hectic at the race track. But to any naysayers or critics it could be construed as false information trying to make the bike and rider appear faster.

Honestly being that close with a stock engine is pretty damn impressive to me. I also cannot even fathom how much of yourselves you ALL are putting into this project. I applaud you guys and will continue to cheer you one whether you qualify, miss by 1 second, or miss by 7 seconds. It's all good stuff to me as a fan.

I will be at Steel City and gladly offer any help I can give to help shoulder the load some.

I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion.

But there is a small issue... we do not have a "media" person... well besides me that would or could do a press release about this stuff.

You are 100% correct... it was 7 seconds outside of qualifying. I have not checked it personally, but if you looked at the timing results and that the difference between what Mike's best lap was and the 39th guy to qualify, that would be the number.

I just want to point out how prevalent this kind of thing is in all of media.. a buddy tells you that they saw it was only 1 second, someone else told it was 3 seconds and depending on circumstances you can choose to believe them and then repeat what you heard. All without knowing the true facts.

I can not tell you how many times people have told me something that they obviously learned in this way. That is one of the wonders of the Internet... rumors can be spread much faster than ever before in history.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »
why is the video private now? I saw some 4 stroke comments, but I didn't think the video would get pulled.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 01:10:57 PM »
why is the video private now? I saw some 4 stroke comments, but I didn't think the video would get pulled.

There is nothing underhanded or bad going on... Paul was asked to make this private by me. In addition to the video of the National itself (which was awesome for those that did get to see it) that contained the only known footage of CP's crash in the first moto.

There are very good reasons for this and they will be revealed as soon as I have an answer, that will not create more questions that I am unable to answer.

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 01:14:17 PM »
okay.  :'(

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
I thought the video was too cool and very well done-of course I just saw it once before work and was going to watch it again tonight but,oh well. :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07:37 PM »
Damn missed it!
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
Too bad.Between the background heartbeat and the clips of Mike tearing it up I think my heart rate went up about 50 beats.If it had been a movie trailer I would have left work to go buy it.On the other hand,you can just take my word for it and use your imagination. :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »
The comments were getting out of hand. One guy was cussing out project Two50 for not making a main yet and having break downs.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 05:27:21 PM »
I saw the video and thought that it was very well done, in my novice opinion.  It balanced the the riding skill by showing some highlights, a story about what was going on by video, which as I could tell included some people around being inquizative and perhaps supportive, and included some sponsers too, subtily, and we all know about the sponsers need to be mentioned and rightfully so.
It was short, it could have been a little longer, but thats just me being thirsty for more as a fan that wasnt able to attend.
Unfortunately, there was the sound of 4t's in the background but only because Mike wasnt always near the camera, but that is adjustable
by using only 2t sound doubing, rock on.

Todd
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 04:47:23 PM »
Dang it, I missed it!
I'd rather be riding...

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »
John
Are you guys racing at southwick or not.  If you are racing at southwick then i think you guys will have a great chance at qualifying since it is completely made of sand.  Also keep up the great work, what you guys are doing is amazing. ;D