Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: RM250 Engine Swap  (Read 2724 times)

Offline young428

• Novice
    • View Profile
RM250 Engine Swap
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
So my 04 RM250 threw its crank at me last weekend. After I cussed it out, I decided it'd be best to look for a new or slightly used replacement engine. Anyone know what year models will line up with that frame? And also if you have something that will work for me that you'd like to get rid of shoot me an email. Thanks to anyone with some advice.

keyoung428@gmail.com

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: RM250 Engine Swap
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:37:54 PM »
You'd be better off rebuilding what you've got-then at least you know what you've got.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 07:12:07 PM »
I believe the 03- 05. they made minor revisions to the angle the motor set in the frame, best way to tell is to look at FMFs site and see what other years your model year pipe will fit.
But I agree, unless your cases are fried rebuild it.
 and use those ceramic bearings from MicroBlue racing. Next time I have mine down I'm spending the dough on that stuff.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline young428

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I bit the bullet and put another had it repaired. I've got one expensive 04 rm now for only having 20 minutes of fun on it so far. But 25 years of racing and this is my first crank to go, i guess i was due.