Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: As one of your biggest fans ever, I have to say it....  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
As one of your biggest fans ever, I have to say it....
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:08:52 PM »
I hope all the "F" money's worth it to you , James.....

Are we REALLY supposed to believe that we're seeing the best possible machines in today's races??? Did anyone catch the 10 inch whoops on that track last night? It was like the track was built for the Kiddie KTM round...

The industry can keep trying to push the junk any way they want. Lame tracks, expensive talking heads, slack jumps, tiny whoops...

Personally, I have to wonder how much it would have cost a bunch of sponge companies to make sure Van Gogh, Da Vince, and Picasso would paint with sponges?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »
i liked how different the track was but the dificulty of some parts as the whoops was pretty disappointing. as far as james goes he is boring to watch these days. he no where near aggresive as he was on kawi's or maybe its just the rider having issues setting the bike up. whatever the cause he hasnt been the same on the yamadog and you can expect him to either win or crash all while feet are off pegs.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
Right, but it's not just him... The whole level of the racing/riding and negotiation of the obstacles is slack...

The racing itself is a less appealing product now with the Foopers.

I think it's time to try to revolt and look into a new series.
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline Dirtsaw

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
I'd have to say that last night's show was probably the most boring 3 hrs I've ever sat through.  Track was shit, bikes were lame, racing was non existent.  Bout the only interesting thing was the new gear offerings.  Think I'll look for re-runs of bowling for dollars as well..  Maybe Fantasy Island repeats...

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »
Last nights track sucked, no doubt about it. But it had nothing to do with the motorcycles.

James' crash didnt surprise me a bit either  :P
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 06:47:42 PM »
The motorcycles just contribute to make the overall racing much more boring to watch. Becasue of the fact that 250 and 450 Foopers aren't capable of the same level of performance as Pre 2005 Race Bikes, everything about the tracks they race on must be downgraded so it's not problematic for them to negotiate.

That's why the general amplitude of last nights action is so dull. The bikes are dull, so the track must be dull... and everyone in the announcer's booth must be paid to talk about the track and the bikes as if they are exciting...

Compared to racing like this, Foopercross is just boring... no doubt about it. And it's because the motorcycles can't and don't perform at the same high level.

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 07:00:53 PM »
I think it's time to try to revolt and look into a new series.

X 2.
I agree!!!

P.s. this is one of my personal favourites;

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:35 PM »
even the 125's back then have more corner speed than the 450's do now

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
Very nice 1st. post :) Welcome here!  :D

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 09:39:06 PM »
  That's because 125's are lighter, more ballsy, and just better all around than the foopers.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 09:58:13 PM »
Very nice 1st. post :) Welcome here!  :D

haha i just put in a introduction in another thread, please go read and tell me your thoughts  ;D

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »
  That's because 125's are lighter, more ballsy, and just better all around than the foopers.

i personally like the racing, not so much the bikes, but just the racing and the people. Honestly i wish they would have the old class structure back, 125's (see if honda has the balls to put their feeble 150r in this class), 250's (regardless of stroke), and open (up to 500cc)

Recovered

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:09 PM »
WOW seems the only racer that everybody disses now days is JS7 even when anyone of the other 41 racers might go down nobody says a word about them. IMO JS7 hasen't had a real mechanic to speak of since he's been gone from Kawi. J-Bone was the only one that could get things done and set his bike up to where JS7 had any real confidence to ride to the level he needed to ride. If the bike isn't set up 110% perfect the bike isn't going to perform like it should be either. Saturday night was only the first race of the SX season it's not all rider that causes crashes the bikes now days are as safisticated as a F1 race car so if it's not set up properly it's not going to perform either.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »
Yeah... The racing has gone down in quality with all the arrogant new generation four strokers out there who think that their 250f's with a slip on FMF are faster than the speed of light... I have shut quite a few up with my yz though  ;D