Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2002 CR250 cylinder head bolt leaking  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Reno Ride

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Reno Ride
2002 CR250 cylinder head bolt leaking
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »
I noticed that my two cylinder head bolts closet to the water inlet where spooging oil after my rebuild.  Only about 2 hours on motor.  I tighten them up a little and it seemed to stop.  But where would the oil be coming from?  

When I did the initial rebuild I noticed I had forgot to install the head guide pins on my new head.  So I had to take the cylinder off.  Is the cylinder head gasket reusable after tightening down one time?  Or is it crushable and only good once?  My gasket did not have a "up" on it.  I installed it with tab back but possibly upside down the second time compared to the first time.  Would that have made a difference in sealing?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:32:00 PM by Reno Ride »
If you live in or near the Reno, Nevada area check out our forum...

www.renoride.com

and...

http://twostrokemx.proboards.com/

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: 2002 CR250 cylinder head bolt leaking
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 04:37:46 PM »
Entirely possible.I only use them once but there's a good chance you'll be ok.Keep an eye on it and maybe retorque it again after your next ride and see how it goes.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Reno Ride

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Reno Ride
Re: 2002 CR250 cylinder head bolt leaking
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »
Entirely possible.I only use them once but there's a good chance you'll be ok.Keep an eye on it and maybe retorque it again after your next ride and see how it goes.

Thanks Ford.  I rode today and it seemed to have stopped leaking after a re torque.  But I won't know until I clean all the oil off the two head nuts and ride one more time.
If you live in or near the Reno, Nevada area check out our forum...

www.renoride.com

and...

http://twostrokemx.proboards.com/