Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Putting a silencer on  (Read 6985 times)

Offline kawi250

• Junior
    • View Profile
Putting a silencer on
« on: May 02, 2010, 06:19:43 AM »
Ok so I just got a fmf shorty for my bike, i already have a gnarly header and vforce reeds on it. My question is will i need to rejet or adjust anything with carb? Also is there any harm in putting the silencer on and firing it up to see how it runs?

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Putting a silencer on
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:58:26 AM »
NO! If you put that silencer on and fire it up, the bike is sure to explode in a furious black mushroom cloud, taking out at least 3 blocks of your neighborhood!!

Kidding. You likely will not have to re-jet. Bolt it on and go. Don't expect much change going to the shorty though, other than an annoying increase in noise output.

Offline kawi250

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
haha you scared me for a minute there but thanks I'm off to go bolt it on now and see how she sounds. Hopefully i notice a little difference

Offline Rota Ash

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
did u notice a difference???

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 05:04:20 AM »
"F" a shorty. You should've invested in the Q. Make your smoker quiet. It just reinforces that we as two stroke fans actually care about the future of the sport, whereas the noisy 4 stroke dopes, only care about instant gradification.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:10:16 PM »
"F" a shorty. You should've invested in the Q. Make your smoker quiet. It just reinforces that we as two stroke fans actually care about the future of the sport, whereas the noisy 4 stroke dopes, only care about instant gradification.
Looks like you and Jetzcorp are going to get along just fine :D

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »
Well maybe he is into Arenacross. I would get a shorty if I raced Arena on a regular basis, I race outdoors so I have a TurbineCore. (although a PowerCore would be pretty nice too)
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with