Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Maybe VitalMX has a 4 stroke server? I thought it just had a 4 stroke sponsor...  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
It's been out of action for a while....

I'll delete this topic if it turns out to be nothing, because I know it's a waste. I'm really just interested to see whether you guy can still check in over there, because then I'll know that my 2 stroke views have resulted in my second ban over there!

Meanwhile, I'll post what might have gotten me banned off Vital here. I wanted to make a short reply because of some 2 stroke bashing that was going on there, but then my keyboard hit the "powerbands", and I ended up venting.

Yeah, RMGSXR's Right!!!

The resale on an RD or RZ350 or a TZR250/RGV250 is really high!

Nobody want's one of those fart bikes if they can have a superior 2 Stroke bike to ride on the road!

4 stroke dirt bikes are OK too, they're just really boring compared to the 2 stroke alternatives. They kind of make it feel like you are always riding in mud or sugar sand, even when your not. They feel cloddy... Not so much when you're on the gas hard, because they do have amazing power, it's more in the way they feel at all times other than that.

Also, it's amazing how the KTM150SX outpowers the 250SXF even though it's so much smaller. It's not actually a 150 even, it's only 143.6cc and the dirt rider test said it would walk away from the 250SXF in the taller gears on the straights. That's really a miserable showing for the oversized 4 stroke FOOPER that those not in the know believe to be so much more powerful.

Some people prefer the power characteristics of a FOOPER... and that's OK to each his own. But the superior machine is easy to spot.

And that's the reason why people try so hard to keep 2 strokes out of professional racing, because when they are both out there in front of the public, the 2 stroke wins hands down with people, and that doesn't line up with and provide the most benefit to the commercial interests at this time.

Didn't you ever wonder why Chad and Ricky and EVERYONE switched to FOOPERS for Supercross 06???

In 05 with all the top guys other than Kevin Winham on 2 strokes, Ricky, Chad and James literraly layed waste to everyone. Chad and Ricky lapped everyone all the way up to 3rd place at San Diego and the top 4 stroke finisher was KDub, who was lapped and way outside the top 3 without a crash by the way...

Then along comes 06 and all of a sudden, everyone's on a FOOPER... Huh?... What??...

Had the 06 FOOPERS suddenly improved exponentially? Nope... but something HAD changed. Something no one mentioned at the time, because it's all part of the big sales presentation, not part of bike racing. The major difference between 05 and 06 wasn't the bikes, or the rider's tastes. It was that in 05 you could get factory pay to ride a 2 stroke, and in 06 you couldn't. They got MC to do little TV interviews that year where he said things like, "It's great to ride the fabulous Honda CRF450. Excellent, Great, Super, Light, Airy, Shiny, Supercalafragilistic....." "Gush!" And I also remember some weird things in magazines from that time where they would have Ricky saying things like, "So we're going to look like we're going slower, but we're actually going faster..." and other assorted nonsense, and the tracks dumbed down considetably right in step with the wholesale switch to 4 strokes. A lot of planning went into that sales pitch.

What it came down to was that no amount of marketing could get everyone aboard a FOOPER while the top FOOPER rider, a very fast and well-respected pro in his prime on a roughly x2 oversized bike, was getting lapped by guys on 2 strokes OR being dusted off pretty bad by them on the regular. The Marketing guys or sales department guys were probably thinking to themselves, "Wait just a minute!... No one who sees Chad Reed lap all the way up to 3rd on a YZ is going to want a new 450-FOOPER they're gonna want a YZ250! OR...(cue spooky organ music) they might just keep the one they have already!!!..." So, all the big manufacturers apparently decided that pro racing needed to be "All (4 stroke/FOOPER), all the time..."

"Out of sight, out of mind!" was the apparent, yet unspoken 4 stroke promotional battle cry... And it worked on lots of people. I've read that 06 was the year when sales parity was finally reached.  

Fortunately, not everyone's fooled so easily.

Thanks,

Jim

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 06:32:20 AM by Suzuki TS250/185 »
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile

Down with 4 Strokes!!!

Haha, it's just dirtbikes dude. Chill

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Haha sounds like your a conspiracy theorist...but yes a big reason everybody switched was because of the factory rides. People go where the money goes.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Hey man,

I saw that post. I suspect so did many, and one of the admin must have taken offence and banned you. Which is a shame, I liked your contributions, very passionate, but thought out. And I loved your name. AMAMowercross with the cool aid avatar. That was pure genius. I wish I had come up with something like that for my name !!!!!!! You gonna re-sign up over there. There is always a lot of two stroke talk which is always good.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Jim,

Your writing has made a big difference over at Vital... it's not surprising that you would be banned there.

Please don't delete this thread... I feel it's worth keeping.

As for some of you others... Jim is one of the good guys. He is not a conspiracy theorist... but thinks out what he has to say with care and research.

I too noticed many of the same observations that Jim did. In fact during this past year when we were attempting to bring Project Two 50 to prominence, we heard from more people than I care to mention that wanted to see us beat the four-strokes. The thing is that these were not two-stroke fans, they were members of other teams, big teams! Also some of the media as well...

The four-stroke changeover was based on what the manufacturers wanted. Nothing more, nothing less.

As an interesting aside, I believe that a four-stroke racer has signed up for this forum. Should be interesting to hear what they have to say.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Jim for the President! Man I love your writing!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
I apologize for the conspiracy theorist comment man, you do make a hell of a point and people should listen to you. That is dumb that they banned you for expressing your opinion. They are just scared because they know its the truth. Sorry bout the comment man, shoulda thought before i said it.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Just because someone's called a conspiracy theorist, doesn't mean there's not a conspiracy to theorize about.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Well...idk if its a conspiracy..it is just a marketing strategy...the big 4 want the $$$ and 4 strokes give them that..just like car companies want to sell u a vehicle that they can make the best profit off of, dirt bike companies make better profit off thumpers

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
yeah they do sell thumpers ,

becouse every pusy can ride one :))

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
The marketing department of the big 4 all know they they can make much more money from their four strokes if they are able to sell enough. Even though the two strokes are obviously dominant machines, that is not what they care about. They like the $$. Hence why they are pushing it on everyone.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with