Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Might ride the Sac round of the AMA AX next weekend.... hm  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
Might ride the Sac round of the AMA AX next weekend.... hm
« on: February 18, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
Was gonna do Reno this weekend but wussed out. I havent been on anything 1/2 technical since I raced SX in Puerto Rico a couple years ago and that wasnt even that techincal. Hope to get some practice this week and see how it goes!

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: Might ride the Sac round of the AMA AX next weekend.... hm
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
Damn Watson, if you would've made here this weekend I would've went to the races to watch you, May still go tomorrow depending on weather, been snowing for a couple days now.
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 11:06:30 PM »
I see you comment often about maybe racing pro events, do you have necessary license's? excuse my ignorance for not knowing who you are, but i'd be interested in bit of your history if you keen to tell it. did you used to race pro?

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »
Devin Watson... Lives in Oregon, tried a few nationals. Been pro for several years. Does have a license.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 01:00:06 PM »
Cool, thanks ACMX. good luck for this weekend Watson, represent.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 01:03:06 PM »
Yes I have been pro since 05 but have spent about 3 1/2 of those years in some sort of cast etc... I do have my licenses and all I just don't have any money! That is why I always post about TRYING to do big races. I have all the intentions of going I can just never find the funds. As far as my history. I have raced the nationals, lorettas, the 4-stroke nationals back in the day, supercross, arenacross etc.... I have done it all I have just been hurt too much to ever make anything of it. No one cares if you finish good once or twice, you have to do it all the time.  8)

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »
sorry to hear that, injuries suck. you've obviously got talent though and i'm guessing you're still pretty young. Hope you get a good run at it from now on. it's privateers the backbone of the sport i reckon.
 Have you always run a two stroke?

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 10:34:16 AM »
No I went to a 4-stroke for a few years....... it was ehh, ok i guess lol

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 12:55:32 PM »
Hey Watson  I,m not up on 2011 arenacross rules, but I think you have to ride a 125 or 250f,to race with the pro class. There,s sunday races at some events, if you go good luck.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
Watson have you thought about moving to the midwest. www.Pockriverpowersports.com is loacated in Wisconsin, they hv Yamaha factory support, there helping  new pro,s and am., they hv. a semi at all the big races. There,s also alot of proam races in the midwest, a track n. Ilinois- Byron mx has a 10k expert 10 round series. www.mxvets.com  has 18 a, 25 a, classes for 70 year olds even, a 4 round series, RED BUD is one track, Millville might be back after 1 year away. A  easy friday night track 30 miles south of Green Bay has 13 races, with 4 bonus early season races. The travel is easier-flat  comparred to the west, cheap rent.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »
I'd love to move somewhere else but I am not with my daughters mom and I would never leave my daughter..... if I had a actual ride that I was getting paid for that would be one thing because then I could afford to come back here and see her.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »
You never know rockriver is supporting  Yamaha riders, you might get some help to race, right where you are.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
Ya, if I knew who to contact I might give it a shot with Rock River. As far as the AX goes, yes if I ride the "Lites" class I will have to ride a 4T and ride the 250 in the AX class.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »
RacerX interviewed a chic that runs the racer support for Rock river, there,s a guy above her I think also. It was in racerx a couple months ago. Where having a 12 inch storm with wind today, I might have that mag in my storage, have to wait for it to be plowed out though.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »
I found the racerX november issue in my storage. Christina Denny is the manager of Rockriver,s race team, she owns Roost mx graphics co. also with her husband. Mike Duclos is the owner of the dealership. Rockriver has factory Yamaha support, maybe you can get a factory engine for a national , that would be awesome.