Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: My first rice after the surgery  (Read 7163 times)

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: My first rice after the surgery
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »
my sponsor dosn't need covarage or new customers

he just whants the praise to his buddys :P
I hear what you're saying snowboarderro. But if thats a bog stock KX you've got there, there's alot of things you can do to improve it and make it more rideable.
No doubt the 4stroke are easier to go fast on, but there's a price for that extra speed and that is costly rebuilds and maintanance.
I'd explore the KX's potential a bit further if i were you.

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 02:29:49 AM »
i changed a lot,it had a lot of changes

clamps
footpegs
bars
seat
pipe
clucth basket
new cilinder
new bearing,hot rod

it will try to change the flywheall weight and see if it helps me on cornering,uphil and start speed

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »
i changed a lot,it had a lot of changes

clamps
footpegs
bars
seat
pipe
clucth basket
new cilinder
new bearing,hot rod

it will try to change the flywheall weight and see if it helps me on cornering,uphil and start speed

Most of those changes are maintenance, and not gonna alter performance much .
A flywheel weight is definitely a step in the right direction.
I'd look into getting your suspension custom valved for your style and ability. Also you could have a reputable engine builder take a look at it and maybe do bit of porting. an after market cylinder head can often help too.
Depending on your budget there are alot of other things you could do, an aftermarket ignition system to suit the new porting and head and a modded carb and aftermarket reed block.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 10:16:32 PM »
I have been told the best thing you can do to a KX is the pro-circuit rear link.

Either that or buy a TM. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 05:05:53 AM »
i know about the linkage but my kx is 2003 and i can't find one if they made it

changeing clamps,footpegs(lowboy f3 fastaway)and the seat(taller)
i made it a different bike

in my country i can't make he suspesions custom tunned for me.....

in other words you have to spend a lot of money to make a 2 stroke ride like a 4 stroke :))

i love the 2 stroke but it affects my image  :)

i will try to change a lot an train every time a get the oportunity :)

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:15 PM »
i know about the linkage but my kx is 2003 and i can't find one if they made it

changeing clamps,footpegs(lowboy f3 fastaway)and the seat(taller)
i made it a different bike

in my country i can't make he suspesions custom tunned for me.....

in other words you have to spend a lot of money to make a 2 stroke ride like a 4 stroke :))

i love the 2 stroke but it affects my image  :)

i will try to change a lot an train every time a get the oportunity :)
There's no way in hell i'd want my bike to ride like a 4stroke.
You could get a racetech goldvalve setup online and fit it yourself and set your sag to make sure you're running the right springs.
As far as motor work, first thing would be to check your squish band. Your local engineering shop could turn your head down if necessary, i found good gains from match porting my barrel and cases too.
 You could get a vforce reed block online and do some plug chops to make sure your jettings spot on and definitely get that flywheel weight.
 Trainings always a good idea, is there a local pro that does coaching? if not there are some good traing dvd's like MX skills that will help you out heaps.
I've found that my 2stroke is great for my image

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 01:13:48 AM »
i have a father whos a multi national champion and a brotherwho ride 10 years as pro

and the shops in my country sell air filters,chains plasti and tyres

i buy my parts from america or united kingdom

my sag its ok

we know a lot of mechanics for example we change hot rods we instal sleves (so we know a thing or 2)

:d

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 02:15:33 AM »
So you've set your squish band? what at? and spent the day doing plug chops.

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 08:16:46 AM »
So you've set your squish band? what at? and spent the day doing plug chops.

no i didn't

i don't whant to change nothing on the bike ,it runs great

i will try the flywheel weight soon

and train harder,i looked at my first video from this year and i was way faster then now

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
So i whent this weekend to the races again

after a horrible practice sesion i got only 24 out of 28 riders

sunday the race day i got a bad gate position

firt heat i finished 13 th place

the second heat i was 6th in the first corner :D,but i my hand started to feel bad

so i got 12 overall

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 01:49:44 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself. Coming back from an injury is no easy task, no matter how much you train. Creaks and groans, little pains and soreness, all will have an effect on your lap times. 12th is not a bad start.

I've found that unless you are at the peak of the sport, your bike has very little difference on your lap times. With that in mind, I would consider ensuring your suspension is as good as you can get it. Use the Race Tech guide to get the right spring rates for your weight, ability and terrain. Use the gold valves if you can afford it. Other than maybe a flywheel, I'd leave the motor as stock as possible but tuned (jetted) perfectly (of course, buy quality parts with all repairs i.e. Boyesen Reeds, FMF Pipe etc.) as any change you do to make it more powerful will also make it less reliable.

I'm here to tell you that you can come back after injury, never win another race, yet still win the championship. I did - a couple of times. I didn't win another race for 11 years.
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 10:38:29 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself. Coming back from an injury is no easy task, no matter how much you train. Creaks and groans, little pains and soreness, all will have an effect on your lap times. 12th is not a bad start.

I've found that unless you are at the peak of the sport, your bike has very little difference on your lap times. With that in mind, I would consider ensuring your suspension is as good as you can get it. Use the Race Tech guide to get the right spring rates for your weight, ability and terrain. Use the gold valves if you can afford it. Other than maybe a flywheel, I'd leave the motor as stock as possible but tuned (jetted) perfectly (of course, buy quality parts with all repairs i.e. Boyesen Reeds, FMF Pipe etc.) as any change you do to make it more powerful will also make it less reliable.

I'm here to tell you that you can come back after injury, never win another race, yet still win the championship. I did - a couple of times. I didn't win another race for 11 years.

thanks for the advice
i have a fmf ehhaust,looking to install a flywheal of 9 oz
the springs are ok for my weight
lookin to train and heal
this year i race jo stay at the race level no big expection