Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Vid of the day  (Read 10829 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Vid of the day
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
As a German (dual citizenship) Maico riding western Canadian,it is time that I educate the global public at large about Mr.Ford (I've been holding back for quite sometime). Mr.Ford is a member of the Maritime provinces, a peculiar subsector of Canada whose culture has mutated in  rather unusual and bizarre ways.I could describe at length the deviant ways of this isolated population (my mother in law comes from this area) ,neuron misfires,the origin of my Prime Minister etc.,etc., and etc. but I will direct the reader instead to the "Trailer Park Boys". The "Trailer Park Boys" is a documentary about life in the Maritimes of Canada and will give the viewer an accurate insight into the daily lives of inhabitants of this region. :P :P :P 8)

Shame sachs,how can you forget the "Golers" from about 10-15 years ago.I'm sure it was on national news back then.Do a search.... :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »
Shut up Kiwi, or I'll buy your ass!

Um,what exactly did you have in mind to do with it once you'd bought it :o Isn't your neck of the woods where "Deliverance"  was filmed? :P

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:14 PM »
Brits: Have produced many great comedians, celebrated by Canadians, ignored by Americans, and therefore not rich.
Aussies: Have produced comedians like Paul Hogan and Yahoo Serious.
Canadians: Have produced many great comedians such as John Candy, Martin Short, Jim Carrey, Dan Akroyd, and all the rest at SCTV.
Americans: Think that these people are American! :D :D

SCTV,one of my all time favorite shows :D
As for modern day,Rick Mercer is good with The Mercer Report but if you don't understand Canadian politics it wouldn't mean much.Now,if you want some "stick it to the Americans" type of comedy,look up "Rick Mercer-talking to Americans"
It was a show form a couple years ago where he'd interview various Americans-educated types,harvard profs,state governors etc to see what they really knew of anything outside the US.Too freakin funny but for some reason it got pulled in the states :D

I almost forgot,Monty Python was always a favourite but two others you don't hear of much that I always thought hilarious were Fawlty Towers and The Two Ronnies.Bring back the oldies!!!!!! :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:23:09 PM by ford832 »

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »
O.K. I looked up "Golers" and I admit, I'm worried. No disrespect to my American friends, but doesn't this sort of thing occur only in the deepest,darkest depths of the Ozarks (or maybe New Zealand)?

To change to a lighter,less stressful subject,haven't you guys forgot Mike Meyers?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Shut up Kiwi, or I'll buy your ass!  ???  :o

I am confused Jetz. Do you think you have enough money ?
You do know that i am not related to George Micheal eh  ;D

Monty Python's Life of Brian is one of the best movies ever made.
Yes Sachs Mike Meyers is very funny. The fat bastard sketch when he was in bed with Heather Graham is a classic  :)

The Golers could quite easily be from Tasmania  :D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »
O.K. I looked up "Golers" and I admit, I'm worried. No disrespect to my American friends, but doesn't this sort of thing occur only in the deepest,darkest depths of the Ozarks (or maybe New Zealand)?

We don't claim them as native.Rumour has it they were run out of Oregon for not being inbred enough :D ;)

I think quite possibly my favorite Python skit was "The room for arguments" ;D

Talking to Americans.........http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CBoQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-7111005509913775935&ei=cZ0JTOCCFMWclgf2ptCrCQ&v6u=http%3A%2F%2Fdualstack.ipv6-exp.l.google.com%2Fgen_204%3Fip%3D142.177.102.41%26ts%3D1275698545543950%26auth%3Davhw4shudjgufb2xrxpe74ovrrxyafen%26rndm%3D0.6859622011949025&v6s=2&v6t=13896&usg=AFQjCNHiUgpPmDDVF29_r8xWf29rpMznnQ
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:44:41 PM by ford832 »

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 05:50:32 PM »
Hey Sachs,aren't you from Alberta?If so,have you ever been here.Nice little spot to have in your backyard.Even some Aussie band for background music 8)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CB0QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.ca%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D142034050947764389&ei=RJ4JTO_2M4PGlQe0kdHpDg&usg=AFQjCNHBcmdTSb0_5NDerlw7S8-1xmMN5g

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 06:19:37 PM »
Hey this video explains the mysteries of crop circles.Who would have known?

Southern Alberta has ORV parks and I've trail ridden and raced a little bit in these areas such as Mclean Creek and Waiperous (?) near Calgary. I've been told that this fall an Extreme Enduro is being held near Drumhellor,Alta. and that the Knightster and boys will be in attendence. Hope to make it.

Some of my post secondary education was in Alberta but I have never lived there.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »
Ah,too bad.While that vid certainly isn't technical I always thought going in higher speed ever increasing or decreasing circles would be a hoot.Sort of like a long extended power slide.Scotty Parker practice 8)