Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz...... Who's winning the XR450 Class? The XR250 Class? ...  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Yeah.... Foopercross....

God, even when they try to zoom in for an "Action Shot" of these guys going through a 180 bowl turn.... its BOARRRRrrriiiiiiiiiiiing 

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
Of course it is, most of the top riders arent racing except the Dunge.... and he's struggling.

The lites shootout should be good.   
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
Of course it is, most of the top riders arent racing except the Dunge.... and he's struggling.

spoiler alert! it wasn't, just as boring as the 450 main and the 250 east and west mains

Offline Shawn36

• Junior
    • View Profile
While I agree 4-strokes have really hurt the racing in Supercross, I sure do remember a lot of run-away boring victories over the last 20 years.  I remember a certain rider taking 72 premier class victories in a pretty short period of time.  No matter what kind of bike it's up to the riders to be competitive.  2-strokes definitely offered a better chance at good racing though since they required more precision and caused more mistakes. 

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
the 125 supercross class was the shit. The funnest and most exciting thing ever to appear on a TV screen period. the 250s were pretty awesome too but the 125s just rocked my world.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile

spoiler alert! it wasn't, just as boring as the 450 main and the 250 east and west mains

Yeah I didnt want to say it last night but Geico pretty much has everyone covered. They kicked Pro Circuits ass this year
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline MetalMike1982

• View Profile
 Hey now atleast the XR's were reliable . Not that I would own :D one but they are about the only 4 strokes that are worth a crap . 

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
Hey now atleast the XR's were reliable . Not that I would own :D one but they are about the only 4 strokes that are worth a crap .

you're right, the multiple xr's we've had were darn good bikes

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
"Funny to mention that in that even spread, one technology prevailed, every time."

And that sir, is why we have had to watch FOOPERS poop around by themselves ever since the close of 05...

I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
"Funny to mention that in that even spread, one technology prevailed, every time."

And that sir, is why we have had to watch FOOPERS poop around by themselves ever since the close of 05...

and its all because of greed, not because one the 4's are better (we all know that they aren't)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Oh, I KNOW that 595...

What I meant when I said that was that the factories tried FOR YEARS to promote the piglets while there were also 2 strokes out on the track... and their promotion wasn't very successful.

Factories used to pay the announcers on TV to mention certain phrases repetitively. If you watch the races enough, you can actually recognize and pick out what the paid for phrases and words are.

During this broadcast, it's pretty obvious that the production meeting at the hotel had instructions for the 3 announcers to drop the words "4 Stroke" as many times as possible.

It's supposed to look like they are just random observations spoken "In the Moment". But it's actually a promotion teqnique that's paid for by sponsors and announcers are trained on how to drop the correctly spun observations and specific words and phrases.

The whole 4 Stroke thing is just a marketing department push. The bikes are not as good and that's why, NO MATTER HOW HARD THEY ARE PUSHED, they never achieve the sales success the factories want. The only people who are commonly more dissapointed with them than their creators and promoters, are their owners....

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
very true

i mean i could see that if cc for cc that if 4 strokes were better, even at the expense, that companies would push them, but bc of the cc handicap, and the overly huge price increase they have to market the ever living crap out of them for them to move them off the floors, which they're barely doing, guess what? my local honda dealership could only sell 1 2012 450f, he now has 2 250f's and 1 450f that are just sitting there, and will likely still be sitting there by christmas

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
I don't know how long some of you have been around, but if you have been paying attention, the EXACT cycle of events that brought 4 strokes into the limelight, is bringing 2-strokes back.  from husaberg, (FC501) to offroad racing (Scott summers and Johnny Campbell) to the small euro companies building wicked forward thinking bikes (Ossa)

It's literally exactly the same cycle of events, in the same exact order, only this time, a photographic negative.  If everything continues to fall into place, the next thing we should see is a development rider in professional motocross in the next 2-3 years on a two stroke.

I was around when the two stroke took over the market back in the early 70's... (I remember the game changing Honda Elsinore evolution) I don't forsee an explosion of tech that occured then, but yes smokers are on its way back.  Just go to any riding area / park / race, and you will hear the sweet sound of a ring a ring a ding....  only to be droned out by the strokers.  I don't believe the strokers will ever go away, but...  I don't care either way, I just a level playing field, and more development in smokers.

The "explosion of tech" did occur. It happened years ago and was only paused by the 4 stroke craze. The KTM 250SX is already a superior design compared to any 250F. Even if a factory bike could match the HP it is only reliable enough for 1 race.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away