Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Introduction here  (Read 4671 times)

Offline bleedingblue

• Novice
    • View Profile
Introduction here
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »
Whats up guys, Names Josh, i have been riding for a while now. Past bikes include, '00 Honda CR 125, Honda XR 200R, Kawasaki kdx 250, Yamaha 250f, Yamaha 426F, and my current love 03 YZ 250.

I prefer 2 strokes, so figured id join this forum since i stumbled upon it while searching for a problem fix.
03 YZ 250, not stock

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction here
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
 Welcome to this awesome site Josh.Everybody on the TSM site are very nice as well as knowledgeable when it comes to 2-stroke motorcycles.Sometimes some of the members joke around alot with one another but it's all in good fun.It's really nice to see another smoker fan on TSM!!!   

Have Fun & Enjoy Josh,

Maicoman009.... :)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:49:54 AM »
Welcome aboard.Nice choice of current bike btw.  8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 05:44:02 AM »
Welcome to the site. ;D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline bleedingblue

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction here- quick question
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Since I went ahead and signed up on here, ill ask a probably semi stupid question... On my YZ, I had ran 110 octane fuel in it, and castor 927 premix, since i had it (and the guy who bought it new off the showroom floor did as well)

but my buddy filled it up with 93 supreme fuel. In my time owning the bike, Its never fouled a plug, i ran 30:1 ratio of pre mix, and 110 fuel.

After it had the supreme gas in it, it fouled the plug, and wont start. i drained all the gas from the tank, put brand new 110 and premix in it, new plug, and even put a drop or 2 in the cylinder. The bike will fire if the choke is on, but dies almost immediately.

I have never had a problem out of this bike, so putting money in it now doesnt bother me, just wandering if its time for a rebuild or cleaning/re jetting the carb could fix my issue.

Thanks in advance,
Josh
03 YZ 250, not stock

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
I'd clean the carb and fuel petcock.You may have had some gumming between the different types of mixes.

P.S. Welcome aboard.

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 09:09:41 AM »
welcome

let's see the bike :D

Offline bleedingblue

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »
welcome

let's see the bike :D

Its in a couple pieces right now, awaiting a few new parts, but ill try to dig up a couple pics.

03 YZ 250, not stock

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
Nice bike! And thats a B.A. truck
2000 yz125

Offline bleedingblue

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:12:25 PM »
Nice bike! And thats a B.A. truck

Thanks man, if i had my girl in that picture it would almost be like watching all my money drain from my bank account
03 YZ 250, not stock

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 02:35:29 AM »
Welcome to the site! And i'd mix that race fuel 50/50 with premium, its hard on the bike otherwise.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »
Welcome to the site! And i'd mix that race fuel 50/50 with premium, its hard on the bike otherwise.

lol,your right

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 06:36:13 AM »
ther was probably some water or dirt in the carb that got stuck in the pilot jet, easy fix. and mixing 110 50/50 with premium is like mixing piss and water. if you're going to run race gas run the 104, 110 is for dragsters and the like. In all honesty premium fuel is fine for your bike, race gas has absolutely no benefits for a weekend warrior, and is too expensive to just beat around. If that motor is stock which I'm sure that it is, save your money, and just run 93.
Welcome to the forum.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline bleedingblue

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »
Thanks for the tips, i never researched about running 110 in it, since when i bought the guy said he always ran it and had good luck with it so i just kept on using it. Never had a problem untill now, but its all good

03 YZ 250, not stock

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
ther was probably some water or dirt in the carb that got stuck in the pilot jet, easy fix. and mixing 110 50/50 with premium is like mixing piss and water. if you're going to run race gas run the 104, 110 is for dragsters and the like. In all honesty premium fuel is fine for your bike, race gas has absolutely no benefits for a weekend warrior, and is too expensive to just beat around. If that motor is stock which I'm sure that it is, save your money, and just run 93.
Welcome to the forum.
Running the 103 mix will lengthen the life of your top end. That is worth the money to me.  ;D
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with